Is it just because i was raised a JW?

by helncon 24 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

Mad

especially 'Christian' churches, in general, HATE truth with a FURIOUS passion!

You must be speaking of the JWs... Right?

• LeslieV
    LeslieV

I think it was already mentioned, but if you want your child to have a diverse education in religion and a sense of belonging without just the Christian mindset, look into the UU church. Universal Unitarians allow any belief, they deal more with the spiriual not just doctrines. You get to see and talk about Native American's belief, Hindu, Buddist, Islam, and Christian. They are really into nature, and teach respect of the earth and all that inhabit it to the kids. I think it is wonderful for that reason. No judment, condemnation you can believe anything that you would like. JMO

Leslie

• Pubsinger
    Pubsinger

Most JWs have no idea at all how the "Church Year" works.

They think that the church hasn't sussed out that the anniversay of Jesus' death couldn't always fall on a Friday

They totally fail to realise that that these sort of structures and frameworks are out of CHOICE not IGNORANCE.

It's just a different way of observing.

So they feel that the "Recommended Memorial Bible Readings" that they have for memorial week are some exclusive fab idea they've had! But they are totally ignorant of the mass of "Lent courses" and "Study programmes" available culminating in reflections on Good Friday and celebrations on Easter Sunday.

Far more importance and significance is given to Jesus death and ressurection in "Christendom" than in any Kingdom hall.

I've said this before, but Christianity completely wiped out pagan significance of dates by hijacking them and giving Jesus the attention.

Who do you think would be most annoyed. God for the honor given on previously "pagan dates" or Satan, the one supposedly behind those pagan festivals who just lost all his publicity?

• helncon
    helncon

Madam quix,

I would love to have the choice and range of religions but i am in a VERY small town and it comprises of Catholic, anglican, prestbyrian and JW!.

So to choose a religion for my daughter to go to is really hard unless i want to make a 2hour round trip to the next largest town for something i really don't care for.

I don't think so!

The reason this ministers wife was gob smacked is that she only knew that jesus was born on Dec 25 she knew no different.

I'm sure one day it will all sort itself out.

I am going through the process now to expain to my daughter why the JW are the way they are in regards to Df people!

But thank you all for your replies

Helen

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

I think the point isn't so much that not many people know that it wasn't his birthday, it's more that not many people care, and the people who do are insulted if you tell them.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit