What are your vacation/holiday plans this year?

by moshe 19 Replies latest jw friends

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

I'm taking one week vacation next week to move. Later this year I'll be moving again, so I'll take more vacation time for that. I haven't actually gone away in almost 4 years - all my vacations seem to be working holidays, and I'm usually happy to get back to work so I can get some rest.

Maybe I'll take a couple of weeks to go hunting this fall.

W

• Mulan
    Mulan

We are going to Reno for 4 days in June with two of our sons and their wives (our company trip.............the men own and work the business), we will mostly gamble and also visit several nieces who live there.

We belong to Thousand Trails so will take lots of long weekends at a nearby preserve. They are all gorgeous and private, with lots of conveniences. We own a 25 foot trailer, with a bathroom, shower, queen bed with down comforter, microwave oven, TV, so we don't rough it anyway. Our kids usually come, one or more, with their families too.

In August, friends from England are coming to visit for a few days and we plan to show them all around this part of Washington State. Another mutual friend, from back East is coming too, so we will all have a merry old time.

That's all the plans so far.

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

Maybe I'll take a couple of weeks to go hunting this fall.

W

Sounds like fun. Can I come?

• greendawn
    greendawn

Planning a trip through central Europe over a couple of months driving with a camper van. Will drive through central Europe and to the Baltic states will do Bulgaria, Romania, Hungary Czech Rep, Slovakia, Poland, Lithuania, Latvia, Estonia. Having a camper van makes travelling minimally expensive, no accomodation fees, use own cooking facilities. Hopefully petrol will not be so expensive as last summer when it was around $80 per barrel. That trip is probably 2 000 miles.

• liquidsky
    liquidsky

I would like to spend to a week in Bora Bora, but since I can't really afford it, i'll probably just take a week off work and lounge around the house.

My husband and I are planning on visiting the Houston area this summer for a few days. It won't really be vacation since we will be looking for real estate.

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

We are in the process of making vacation plans right now . Waiting to hear back from oldest son and his wife . We are either staying in a cabin in Colorado , or going to San Diego . All I know for sure is come July 19 we should not be home.

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

Hey, liquidsky, are you flying to Houston or driving? If you are passing through Dallas toward the end of July, you can meet up with a Great Crowd of us 'postates.

Nina

• delilah
    delilah

We're planning to get down to San Diego to visit my in-laws for two weeks....

• Namasti
    Namasti

Hey-- doesn't anybody have JW Convention plans---NOT-- Thank God!!! By the way--How long are the assemblies these days. Are they still 4 days long?

I'm going to New York City for a 30th class reunion in June. Love planning vacations.

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

Another boring year I guess ...

Just scooting over to Bimini (about 50 miles from here in Miami) and hanging out on the beaches and bars.

So goes life.

Rub a Dub

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit