being witnesses

by speffot 11 Replies latest jw friends

• speffot
    speffot

dont get me wrong, i dont mean to sound critical or rude, but how can some of you say you are witnesses but not attend meetings and stuff...or go witnessing? its what jehovah says to do, so how can u not do what jehovah says, but yet call yourself a jehovahs witness???

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Perhaps the clue is that they might witness about Jehovah?
    It doesn't take an organization to do that.

LT

• messenger
    messenger

Please don't take this wrong, but you sound like a stupid cult member. How could any moron equate finding favor with God to the spiritual masturbation required by the FDS?

You see sweetie, the cult programming makes you think running with the herd will get you in the paradise. It compares much like masturbation. It is a quick high but it will never replace real sex as the ultimate solution. Being a good person and having peace with God is a far better solution than running around in a panic going to meetings and participating in the door to door work of your little cult.

• chappy
    chappy

Where does Jehovah tell us to go to peoples homes and sell books and magazines?

chappy

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

Speffot,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Board. I see that you have been a member since March, so you are probably aware of the tenor of most peoples view of the WTS here. There are few if any active Witnesses on this board.

However, keep looking in, choose your 'threads' carefully and you will find much stimulating information to enlighten your path through life.

Most of us have come to a gradual realization that the WTS does not hold a monopoly on what is true or what is false theologically. Only by honestly testing out their doctrines will you be able to see this clearly.

Best regards - HS

Messenger,

Steady on! Give people an opportunity to show their hearts before you describe them as 'stupid', or a 'moron'. Kindess to strangers is a wonderful gift.

• outsider_looking_in
    outsider_looking_in

What gets me is so called loyal witnesses come on to this site,or should i say stumble on to this site,read a few threads and it doesn't
    take Einstein to realize this is no W.O.L,....and then they go and register and then start moaning that this isn't the place they thought it was ????

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

outsider_looking_in.

Agreed, it can be irritating but many who drift to this board are fighting the tough emotional battle of cognitive-dissonance. We may be able to help them more by trying to understand this.

Best regards - HS

I quote:

When disturbing information creates "cognitive dissonance," the "static" discredits the information, so that a person does not feel compelled to cope with it, even if it is true. If a fact or idea is sufficiently contrary to his or her "status quo," the threatening data can be prevented from entering their consciousness at all! In effect, "cognitive dissonance" is a tremendously powerful "self-preservation" mechanism which can completely override the human desire for truth.
  • ashitaka
    ashitaka

I think what you may be referring to, Speffot, is the fact that some still say there are in and questioning themselves, or are inactive and such. Listen, if they want to stay they will, if not they wont. Some people's recent threads have specifically been about leaving and negativity they have felt here. I don't feel that way.

If you're here to add an objective view, then by all means do. But if you are quesitoning the 'spirituality' of emotionally, and sometimes physically wounded people, don't bother. We're all human here, and if you're looking to bring back "lost sheep" forget it. This is a DISCUSSION board, not a convincing board.

Please don't come here to judge, it's the last thing we need.

• GentlyFeral
    GentlyFeral

Speffot,

This is precisely what I did for years. I was caught in a double-bind, because the Society convinced me that the only way to escape destruction was to keep doing things I hated: namely, inflicting my beliefs on good people who had their own lives to lead, and attending dull, repetitious meetings whose content was inferior to the nearest elementary-school library.

It wasn't until I realized this life was turning me into a judgemental she-prick that I was able to break free: no, not until I realized that "the true religion" was turning ME into a liar.

Gently Feral

• dungbeetle
    dungbeetle

hey speffot...

speaking as one of your JW's you are referring to...

Whatever you do...

DO NOT ask...'why are you hurting?'

DO NOT ask...'how can I help?'

DO NOT ask...'what would it take to bring you back?'

DO NOT ask...'why do JW with 10,20,(or 27 in my case ) years get upset and want to leave?'

BUT DO...criticize, judge, namecall and pull the holier-than-thou Bible-thumping God-is-on-my-side-only routine...just like so many OTHER religions.

Why are so many JW's leaving? Because of people like YOU!!! Live forever with someone like you? Where's the cliff I jump off of FIRST!!!

Tonight at my school/service meeting they announced another disfellowshipping. Lucky guy!!!! Years from now he'll be greatful...

Dungbeetle...so much dung, so little time...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit