Matt 24:14 NOT fulfilled

by Zico 23 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Zico
    Zico

I had my Special Assembly Day today. (Yay!) I actually missed most of it because I went for some long walks :) but I was present during the last talk, which was given by a speaker from Bethel. Just a quote I have from him:

'At Bethel last week we had our seminary for District Overseers, we were told that some brothers have been spreading rumours that the preaching work has been completed, this is not true, there is still much work to be done, and many people to reach'

So there you go. Those brothers really should stop starting rumours... Which brothers? Oh, he didn't say.

• fairchild
    fairchild

Interesting.... of course the preaching work will never be done because then the end would have to come. They are preaching all over, but imagine that they really did manage to cover every little corner of the earth and had a KH in every country and every county and town, they'd have to leave at least one country untouched because otherwise it wouldn't be true that the end would come when the good news is being preached all over the earth.

• BrentR
    BrentR

It will never be stopped because that is the centerpiece of the whole cult. They would cancel the service meeting and ministry school if there was no need for field service. It would be harder to maintain complete control of the minions with only two meetings per week.

• Zico
    Zico

A couple of months ago there was a lot of talk on here of a few assemblies where DOs and Bethel representatives were giving talks and saying that the Preaching work had been fulfilled.

This is what annoyed me about his quote, it wasn't just 'some brothers' starting rumours, it was people like him, his fellow District Overseers, and yet the average brother gets the blame again.

• MeneMene
    MeneMene

No, it wasn't just 'some brothers' starting rumours. Don't forget - that rumor was backed up by the 1995 WT article:

*** w95 9/1 p. 17 par. 17 Christian Witnesses for Divine Sovereignty ***

17 Still, that first-century preaching work was merely a foretaste of what would be accomplished during the last days. Looking forward especially to our time, Jesus said: “This good news of the kingdom will be preached in all the inhabited earth for a witness to all the nations; and then the end will come.” (Matthew 24:14; Mark 13:10) Has this prophecy been fulfilled? Indeed, it has.

• minimus
    minimus

DISINFORMATION.....I like it!

• Handsome Dan
    Handsome Dan

Their juggling with their staid bullshit and don't know actually what to do with it, if the WTS was to be around hundred years for now they will be saying exactly the same thing

Keeping the status quo in place maintains justification and power !

• Zico
    Zico

Thanks for the quote Mene, I didn't know about that one.

Hi Minimus, congrats on breaking the 20,000 mark, when did you do that?

• restrangled
    restrangled

The right hand of the WTBTS does not know what the left hand is doing...

r.

• minimus
    minimus

WOW, Zico, I didn't even realize that! I think someone should start a thread about it!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit