Back again, after all these years...

by veronica_mars 40 Replies latest jw experiences

• rosalyn
    rosalyn

Katie:

feel quite helpless up here in Canada .....take full advantage of any agencies that will give you a lending hand. Any govenmental agencies?

I don't know what is available down there in California. Up here you could go to a Woman's Shelter for a spell..... Not ideal I know but it's a place to stay warm at night.

The fact that your parents are being so dreadful isn't helping matters any. And it probably wouldn't help if I said awful things about them either. They are your parents and they should be loving you but when you belong to an organization as this appearances matter so "f#$%ing" much. If there is a conscience with either of them hopefully it will rise to the top and they will look after you the way they should.

Blood is thicker than water........but water is so much sweeter to drink. There is alot of sweet drinkable water outside of that organization. Make sure you partake of it. But drink slowly and be selective. Little sips and breath in between.

Please keep in touch with this board. I am positive that someone will be posting something to your inbox.

Just know that we are all pulling for you.

love from Rosalyn.

• moshe
    moshe

Katie , you need an advocate. I would love for your family to go to some counseling with you . The counselor could do some good, if they could get your family to talk and listen to each other. In the case of my former wife she only lasted two marriage counseling sessions. When she realized she couldn't defend her WT sanctioned treatment of me- ( I resigned my membership) she got up never came back.

• rosalyn
    rosalyn

Has anyone had any messages from Katie?

The fact she might be out of her parents home worries me alot.

rosalyn

• veronica_mars
    veronica_mars

Hello All...

Just wanted to give you all an update...

I did move out last weekend.

It's been tough, but I found a place I could afford, close to work- however it's two doors down from a Kingdom Hall... how ironic.

I did go to the memorial with my folks... that was hard.

So, far everyone has been really nice and great to me- they are trying to be a "good witness"... so sad, they are too late...

Anyways, I will try and come on here more. I am sure I am going to need it... Especially when the loneliness finally hits me...

• Seeker4
    Seeker4

Katie,

Thanks for the update. Sorry things are such a mess for you, though you're probably better off away from your family. I'm a former elder, etc, and I think back on all the sisters like you that I knew. I hope I helped at least a few of them.

Hope you have some resources to fall back on. Sorry your folks made you leave. Stay in touch here. It'll help.

S4

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Hi Katie, I remember you, too.

Hope life is looking up

• veronica_mars
    veronica_mars

Thanks you guys...

I need to get more familiar with all of you guys...

Is there still a chat room? I could swear I remember there was a chat room... where we all would talk...

Anyways, my mom asked me to go to the "special talk" next week, and I said yes... we kinda traded: me going to the meeting next week, for her help on painting my place today... Totally worth the trade! (right now... I'll let ya know if it was worth it AFTER the meeting...)

• seawolf
    seawolf

hi and welcome back! I remember you...we were in chat lots of times together.

Sorry to hear how bad things went for you. There's plenty of help on the boards and we're all here for you. :)

• choosing life
  • choosing life
    choosing life

Katie,

I am too new here to remember you. sounds like you have been put through the ringer by the JW men though. Sorry to hear your parents didn't support you more. But it sounds like not everything is lost. You are young and I am sure you won't marry another man who treats you with disrespect.

I love the Dixie Chicks. The latest CD is all good and just keep it in mind as you go along. Don't let them fool you into making nice and going round and round and round with them again. That songs also talks about how that for merely speaking her mind, a person is ostracized. Sound like anyone you know?

Look for that sanctuary of silence within yourself. And take your time to find someone who will truly cherish you for everything you believe in.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit