wow, what a response!

by Matt_fs 41 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Matt_fs
    Matt_fs

I simply asked a friend of mine to explain to me Deut 20:20-22 and he wrote this:

"Its really quite simple what I think about Deut.18:20-22. I don't. The hebrew scriptures describing aspects of the original Law convenent ended when the new convenent came into place by means of Christ's death.

But thats not even the point. It comes back to my first response to you. What else are you promoting Matt? Have you found an alternative to 'the truth'? One that teaches us God's name and the importance of it? How about Christ's death and what it actually means? Or Jesus himself for that matter? The Kingdom? What happens when we die, why Jehovah God permits suffering... these undeniable CORE TRUTHS.

Thats what I meant when I mentioned the more important things, like we are instructed to do Phil.1:10. Theres nothing wrong with making sure of those things.. like Acts 17 talks about, but what YOU need to ask yourself is WHY you are doing so? Is it because you feel the Watchtower has made mistakes so it cannot be used by Jehovah? Moses, Abraham, David all made mistakes.

What is your motive Matt? Are you worshiping Jehovah with your whole heart, soul and mind? Are you striving to live your life by His standards? I know a group of people that collectively do that.

Instead of trying to think of some counter argument, seriously ask yourself those questions. Without getting wrapped up in minor details. "

I really dont know if he will ever understand what the WT has done in the fact that it has predicted the end of the world many times and say that it has come from Jehovah. Anyone want to comment on what hes wrote?

Cheers

Matt

• What-A-Coincidence
    What-A-Coincidence
    Have you found an alternative to 'the truth'?

Yeah. It's called LIFE. Tell him to enjoy cause it's short. The troof shortens it. So just do it (TM).

the Watchtower has made mistakes so it cannot be used by Jehovah? Moses, Abraham, David all made mistakes.

Oh god, where do I start. Calling all agents calling all agents..requesting back up. Over.

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

Without getting wrapped up in minor details.

Clue: Anything they don't have an answer for is considered a minor detail. Like JW history, Beth Sarim, 1914, 1975, UN, blood, molestation, shunning, etc., etc.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    Is it because you feel the CatholicsAnglicansLutheransMormonsAdventists Watchtower has made mistakes so it cannot be used by Jehovah?

The watchtower is allowed to make the same mistakes they condemn other religions for.

Because they say so.

W

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket

I smile now when they say things happened "invisibly" or it's "symbolic". If it didn't happen on earth like they predicted, it happened in heaven "invisibly".

• Matt_fs
    Matt_fs

im going to be replying to him, anyone have some good comments i can make? or some real hard hitting questions?

Cheers

Matt

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

Why do their baptismal requirements exceed the requirements of First Century Christians?

Why do their elder bodies form Judicial Committees that decide guilt and innocence in place of the congregation?

Why weren't the early Bible Students looking for Jesus' presence or parousia to commence in 1914? They believed he had returned in 1874, that's why. They were looking for Armageddon in 1914. They were surprised when Armageddon didn't show up and it wasn't until much later that they dropped the 1874 date.

"Getting wrapped up in minor details" means challenging anything they do or teach that directly contradicts the Bible or things they have done or taught that have proved unscriptural or false. (1 John 4:1)

Respectfully,
    AuldSoul

• MsMcDucket
  • Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

If parts of the bible can be so summarily dismissed, why print out the whole bible at all? Why not print out for use only the parts that are critical for our use? Who decides what is of no importance in the bible? Who decided what was of importance to be used in the Holy Scriptures when they were first put together? Earthling man?

• Santisimo
    Santisimo

I have a couple of articles on this subject at www.noahide.typepad.com

One thing many people have forgotten is that G-d NEVER turns back on his covenants with humans. Therefore, whatever commandments he set forth in the Hebrew scriptures are binding for eternity. If G-d says "...for all your generations" what does that mean to you? No man can overturn a decree by G-d. Jesus himself showed support for the Pharisees and this can be seen in ANY version of the Bible, even the WTS version. Jesus may have had differences with their implementation of the Law (he saw them as harsh and uncompromising), but Jesus NEVER SAID THE LAW WILL BE ABOLISHED.

JWs can easily undo their brainwashing they've been put through BY JUST OPENING A PROPER TRANSLATION OF THE BIBLE AND READING IT. When I speak of the Bible, I MEAN THE HEBREW SCRIPTURES. The Greek scriptures are full of contradictions and empty philosophy. Read the articles on my blog for more info.

Thanks for posting.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit