What movie or TV show would U recommend 2 break thru cognitive dissonance?

by Open mind 26 Replies latest social entertainment

• Black Sheep
  • restrangled
    restrangled

You might want to rent "Ryans Daughter".......older but G rated and shows what happens to some one who is shunned in a contained community.

r.

• Madame Quixote
    Madame Quixote

Being There, starring Peter Sellers.

Life Of Brian, a Monty Python thing (very irreverent, funny and, by some standards, blasphemous).

Any t.v. or comedy sketches with George (middle name is x-rated) Carlin.

Also, read good science books on evolutionary biology, human antrhopology and archaeology. Some good writers include John Brockman, Tim D. White, Daniel C. Dennet, and Lee Smolin, among others. There is no substitute for good reading and an education.

• ILoveTTATT
    ILoveTTATT

I just saw partly 1984, and wow does it ever have paralels with the JW's!!

Also, I saw "The village" and it made me really think... how the world can be kept from knowing information.

I also would add "Oblivion" to the list...

• Frazzled UBM
    Frazzled UBM

I like Blondie's list as Pleasantville is a really good analogy for life as a Witness and the mayor and his cohorts who try to stop people going techincolour up behave just like you would expect elders to in those circumstances. 1984 is the best but probably the hardest to get a Witness to watch. I would add the Island, Logan's Run and the Truman Show to Blondie's list to make it pretty complete.

• zakharijah
    zakharijah

In Series 3 of the Walking Dead, I found the village of Woodbury with its leader, the Governor, very smiliar to the JWs.

Homeland is really good too. The character of Brody is very interesting. Makes you think about religous indoctrination vs reason and family.

• DeWandelaar
    DeWandelaar

I wrote a thread about one of the films (Equilibrium) that could help: http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/social/entertainment/255691/1/Equilibrium#.Uk08kYbWMgI

The Matrix is also a good movie for letting people thinking about "reality".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit