Expel Demons By Using The Name Jehovah

by Beer Connoisseur 11 Replies latest jw friends

• Beer Connoisseur
    Beer Connoisseur

The Watchtower encourages its members to use the name "Jehovah" when they encounter demonic influence. When I look in the Watchtower Bible, Early Christians used another name.

Mark 16:17

Luke 10:17

Acts 16:16-18 & 19:11-16

Why would the Watchtower use a different name? Have they gone beyond what is written? (1 Cor 4:6)

• Zico
    Zico

They don't do it because it would involve paying Jesus some respect.

• yucca
    yucca

They twist everything around to take away the diety of Jesus Christ. Jesus also said You Are My Witnesses. The Bible Is A Jesus book.So they do everything to take that away. They are false teachers and false prohets.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

The name Jehovah has only been used for the last 700 years..A Catholic invention..The WBT$ borrowed it..They use it for the name of God and thier Religious Cult the "Jehovah`s Witness`s'..If it was`nt for the Catholics,the WBT$ God and the Jehovah`s Witness`s would go by a different name...OUTLAW

• RunningMan
    RunningMan

Don't forget that if you are attacked by demons in a place where you can't call out "Jehovah" (like the library or a business meeting) you can get by in a pinch if you just think "Jehovah" forcefully.

• Paralipomenon
    Paralipomenon

I hope the Smurf fad returns so I can fully apply this article.

• DJK
    DJK

Have you ever seen a demon?

• ButtLight
    ButtLight

I dont know, but it works! (in your dreams about demons, and scream out Jehovah, they go away)

• Warlock
    Warlock
    Have you ever seen a demon?

I know two people who told me they have. They are not the type of people to make up stories. Warlock

• betterdaze
    betterdaze

Hi and welcome, Beer Connoisseur. Like the name!

You asked, Have they gone beyond what is written? (1 Cor 4:6). The answer is yes.

I posted this recently on another somewhat related thread, "Ghosts and using God's name":

Proverbs 18:10
    The name of the LORD is a strong tower;
    the righteous run to it and are safe.

The name is used figuratively. Compare with 2 Samuel 22:3,51; Psalms 18:2; 61:3; 144:2 and you'll see it's not advice to invoke "Jehovah" as ammunition against "wicked spirit forces." It's about how Jehovah protects the righteous, those who keep his commandments, and is figuratively, a place of refuge.

At the time this was written shepherds used towers to watch over their flocks, and would herd the flocks into the towers for protection. Also at that time, the name of YHWH was not uttered out of respect for the divine name. The average Hebrew was probably not using it as a talisman to repel demons. Just my opinion.

The Witnesses have an unhealthy obsession with wicked spirits (as well as the name Jehovah). They use this as a mechanism to keep you studying with them... if you stop, you will have demon attacks, so say this magical name and they will flee. Anything that keeps you from getting baptized is the demons fault, and anything bad that happens after you're baptized is the demons fault, too. It's control through fear, and a copout to avoid taking any personal responsibility for their lives. It's very sad and very effective.

What's interesting is that the Hebrew scriptures don't really mention demons or demon attacks, though Jehovah cruelly allowed Satan to mess with Job. The demons were busiest possessing people when Jesus was on the scene. Later, his apostles were able to drive out demons with the aid of the Holy Spirit sent to them by Jesus. Jehovah did not figure in.

BTW, Jesus didn't call on Jehovah, he used Abba, Father.

~Sue

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit