Can the WT magazine be mailed to my house?

by Bryce 11 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Bryce
    Bryce

Hello brothers and sisters.

I'm a 17-year-old kid in a Methodist household, and I've recently began reading up on JW doctrine and the New World Translation bible.

I'd really be interested in learning more and more, possibly leading to an eventual conversion to the Witnesses. But as of now, it's relatively impossible to take the necessary steps for this, since my parents are rather apprehensive (and thus, unaccepting) to the Jehovah's Witnesses.

After I'm "out from under their wings" - as the saying goes - I'll gladly begin learning and studying with an Elder or whomever else.

For now though, is there any way I can subscribe to the Watchtower and Awake! magazinges to be mailed to my house?

Shalom
    -Bryce

• GoingGoingGone
    GoingGoingGone

Welcome to the forum Bryce!

No, you can't get the magazines by subscription anymore. You have to have someone bring them to you in person now.

GGG

• Abandoned
    Abandoned

Hey buddy. Welcome to the forums. I don't know if you are fuly aware of all that becoming a Jehovah's Witness entails. I sure invite you to do your homework before you make a final decision.

Jehovah's Witnesses believe that they alone know God and that they alone please Him. They believe that God is going to destroy a great portion of mankind because they are not marching in step with the beliefs and teachings of the Witnesses. They also forbid you to talk to former members or those who have any dissenting opinion at all. There are many, myself included, who feel the Jehovah's Witnesses are a dangerous cult.

Good luck.

• cultswatter
    cultswatter

Well let me tell you I was born into that CULT JW religion and wasted 25 years there. I have been out for 20 years and I would never go back to that cult world again. You are very young and impressionable. Please take my advice and steer clear of that Cult. Please read some of the material on this site as you have much research to do. I have a stack of JW related printouts over 2 feet thick at home and it is the tip of the iceberg. For goodness sake do get involved with the JW cult and then have kids which will grow up Jw like I did, sheesh.

• Bryce
    Bryce

Wait...why are all you on here if you think the JW's are a cult?? I thought this was a forum for JW's.

• Abandoned
    Abandoned
    Wait...why are all you on here if you think the JW's are a cult?? I thought this was a forum for JW's.

No, this forum is for anyone who wants to know the truth about Jehovah's Witnesses. Actually as a Jehovah's Witness, you are forbidden to visit discussion boards like this on the internet. They pretty much tell you what you can do and what you cannot do.

Good luck.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

..No..But..If your in "Prison"..Or..Have a relative in the JW`s,you can get them..LOL!!...OUTLAW

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

Welcome!

I thought this was a forum for JW's.

The guy who started the forum was a witness when he set it up, hence the name. These days though, since JWs are prohibited from joining JW discussion boards, we mostly get people here who have had their lives affected in some way by JWs and want to talk about it.

Good luck!

• averyniceguy
    averyniceguy

I do not think Bryce will be back, but if he will be back, here is your answer, get the magazines at the Laundromat and you can take the watchtower and awake before someone else gets them!

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

Well, I hope the lad hasn't run off. I was just about to tell him how fun it would be to learn that whatever relationship with Christ he had as a Methodist, it's all gone now! Also the fun fact of being denied heaven, denied the right to question and investigate the religion, and denied the right to talk to people who don't play exactly by the rules of the religion.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit