Installment # 3 - The Indoctrination of Certainty

by AK - Jeff 17 Replies latest jw experiences

• bernadette
    bernadette

Jeff you've really captured that feeling of intense thrill and excitement the WTS fosters in its followers re the end.

magical storytelling

• Cate
    Cate

Thanks for posting your very interesting stories. I was surprised that you knew the same James Olson that was mentioned in New Boy's stories. I read in his story that Bethelites gave the society the right to keep their body after death. Was that the case in this situation? Also, how did James Olson's family feel about sending his brother to Bethel the next year?

Cate

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff
    Also, how did James Olson's family feel about sending his brother to Bethel the next year?
    Cate

You know - they didn't seem to show much emotion about the brother going off to Bethel. It seemed to have some 'redemptive' value - one failed another succeeds.

I am sure it left deep scars, but they did not wear them openly.

Jeff

• The wanderer
    The wanderer

Dear Jeff:

Seriously though, you need to move forward with
    your writing. You write very well and your use
    of metaphors is inescapably interesting.

Think about it.

Your friend,

Richard

• new boy
    new boy

Great read. Wow...... were did the years go? It is amazing how small the world really is.

Your friend

Keith

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    Bethelites gave the society the right to keep their body after death.

Wow, what do they do with bodies?

alt

• greendawn
    greendawn

I don't know if this is coming up in the next part of your story, I wonder if they gave any reasons as to why he fell to his death, was it a suicide, an accident or was he pushed over? Why did it take them some days to find him? You must have felt pity for his parents who were so keen to see him go to Bethel where he died.

• mcsemike
    mcsemike

I hadn't heard about this "keeping the body after death" thing before. What did the WT do with them? One idea: Maybe as they were evolving (sorry, dirty word) their policies on organ transplants, they used the body parts from dead people to transplant into Bethelites or GB members (God, look how long Franz lived, maybe he's half body parts from younger people, probably a few from women, that's a whole other story). Then they would see if that person still could attend all the meetings, go out in service, and someday become an elder. If they succeeded, then they approved organ transplants, right?

I guess they had to do this slowly. Start with corneas, ears, easy stuff. The heart and brain wouldn't work because once a typical JW died, he was happy to be out of his misery, so if they transplanted his brain into a GB member who was losing it, he would then wake up and want to quit. I think they're now working on the heart and blood. That's why the rules keep changing.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit