I think its time to move on....

by mama1119 17 Replies latest jw friends

• mama1119
    mama1119

from JWD. It has helped me so much and I appreciate everyone sharing their stories. I have read so many amazing posts with unbelievable research and thought put into them. I just feel like I am ready to stop being a person that was an ex JW to just a plain ol' person! As most of you know, JWD can take up alot of time during the day, and I am at the point where I feel it would be time best spent elsewhere.

So, thank you to everyone. You have all contributed so much to my journey out of the borg!! I wish you all happiness!

Best of luck to all!

Mama

• Gregor
    Gregor

Best wishes, Mama. Have a great life!

• fokyc
    fokyc

Hi Mama,

All the best to you and yours, very understandable sentiments.

Love and best wishes for the future,

fokyc

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Don't say good-bye. Just say see ya' around. Please drop us a line once in a while.

Cheers to the new life ahead.

Jeff

• JamesThomas
    JamesThomas

Looks like you have been here one year to the day.

Good luck and I wish you the best.

j

• valkyrie
    valkyrie

I wish you all the best, mama1119!

I had lived for 12+ years choosing not to consider myself as an "ex-JW"... until I searched and found JWD. Over the course of self-analysis, I realised that a great many of my difficulties in adjusting to new environments and situations were due to that very fact, although previously glossed over! I cannot ignore the reality that my formative years (indeed, all of my infancy, childhood, adolescence and young adult period) were informed and molded by my JW beliefs, and -- more importantly -- by my complete devotion to what I thought the person of Jehovah to be. Although I experienced much discomfort in understanding/accepting/believing certain (and they were several) inconsistencies of character, representations and displays of his persona, I persisted in that relationship until... I could not, anymore.

That rooted dissonance finally caught up with me, and I have found a fruitful proving ground in this forum. [As I am but an infrequent contributor, it is but to be expected that that some may wonder at the extent of my attachment to the forum. Yet, I read it almost daily. An early enforced reticence hinders me from responding most often -- even when I think/feel strongly about certain subjects.]

I am happy for you that you have gleaned that which you need from this arena for the time present. I will certainly enjoy your future participation when, and if, you choose to return.

-V

• brunnhilde
    brunnhilde

Best of luck to you, mama. I can certainly empathize with your feelings. I'm not there yet, but hoping to follow you the rest of the way out of the Borg! Stop in from time to time and say hello!

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk
    I think its time to move on.... 21-Mar-07 11:19

Post 1128 of 1128
    since 21-Mar-06

27 y 10 m 25 d

from JWD. It has helped me so much and I appreciate everyone sharing their stories. I have read so many amazing posts with unbelievable research and thought put into them. I just feel like I am ready to stop being a person that was an ex JW to just a plain ol' person! As most of you know, JWD can take up alot of time during the day, and I am at the point where I feel it would be time best spent elsewhere.

So, thank you to everyone. You have all contributed so much to my journey out of the borg!! I wish you all happiness!

Best of luck to all!

Mama

You rock mama. Gonna miss you but happy for your progress.

• blondie
    blondie

Some of us stay to help the new ones that come. Glad you no longer need what is offered here. But you can always come back for a visit.

Blondie

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

All the best mama, come back and visit sometime

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit