The WTS.a corrupt publishing house, disguised as god's only true religion

by Handsome Dan 21 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Handsome Dan
    Handsome Dan

Many of us that have been out and any from this organization can now stand back and derive a clear picture of why this organization started and the reason it started. It's of course first off

interesting to note the people who started things off such as C.T.Russell and his father J. Russell both were business minded professionals who both must have certainly known the assets of

advertising, they must have they owned 5 clothing stores. Reading some of his works he was really trying to sell himself as a living prophet guided by divine intervention and purpose. This

was probably a lot easer to sell and promote himself to this level, back a hundred years ago when the education of the population was not as high a standard as it is now. And too the clergy at

that time were much more powerful and respected by society in general not unlike today. Given that the organization had started in a country where freedom of religion was open for anyone

to establish oneself the door was wide open for a man or men to step up and place themselves on the seat of power as it were. Tower publishing was a company owned by Rusell and was

principally responsible for printing his ligature which helped his self promotion of him being a spiritual messenger. From day one the selling and pushing of the WTS. as god's personal religion

on earth as us and only us was great marketing and still holds up to day although perhaps not as strongly as in the past. God's personal message is written in the WT and Awake magazine

so it must be sold and distributed remember it's god's will to do so. There was money to be made and power to obtain for the chosen few who wanted it and they wanted it indeed.

The bible after all is a vehicle of power for men the closer to god ( the greatest power of all ) the more you will have. In practical sense this why you have so many men all saying they are

the voice of god and speak on his behalf. the actual truth of the matter though can be quite different once a person stops and takes the time to analise things a little.

• Spirit Axal
    Spirit Axal

I remember telling my JW friends that Jehovahs witnesses were not around in jesus's times and they said yea they were, Jesus was a jehovahs witness they said. There was no name Jehovahs witness. The name Jehovahs witness came from rutherford when he got jelous of the name Russellites because it was named after the founder so he got mad and decided to change the name to jehovahs witness. not to mention it was josephs witness then changed to jehovahs witnesses asap.

• Handsome Dan
    Handsome Dan

Thanks Axal................nothing but a bunch of self adorning opportunists from my viewpoint

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

SpiritAxal:

When I was new I remember somebody there telling me that even though JWs didn't exist in Jesus' time they are his footstep followers so therefore they are "bridged" somehow (just try and ignore those pesky centuries in between). I thought this explanation sounded a bit presumptuous but I kept it to myself along with other doubts.

LHG

• Zico
    Zico

My Dad was talking about how some elders in my Cong had become corrupted by power.

I asked him 'Do you think that could ever happen to a Governing body member?'

He told me to stop being so stupid... :(

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee
    interesting to note the people who started things off such as C.T.Russell and his father J. Russell both were business minded professionals who both must have certainly known the assets of advertising,

Handsome,

You bet. At some point in those early years the mandate to the R & F was, "Advertise, advertise, advertise! - God's Kingdom."

• Handsome Dan
    Handsome Dan

........... advertise with the intention to empower themselves .........what better way for a meager man to become a spiritual powerful human

• Pahpa
    Pahpa

It's difficult to second guess the motivation of individuals. But my impression of Russell and his father from what I have read is that they were both sincere in their religious beliefs. It could not have been easy for these successful business men to dispose of their prosperous business interests to pursue a questionable religious path. They were willing to expend their wealth for their religious faith. I wonder how many business men today would be willing to do the same?

James Penton describes Russell as "devout" and "pious" youth who was "more interested in religious matters" than in business. I don't think we can deny his sincerety regardless of how bizarre some of his teachings were or how things later turned out.

• greendawn
    greendawn

Whatever the case was with Russell since Rutherford's days this became very much a commercial enterprise wearing the mantle of religion exploiting its members by having them sell their publications without getting paid. As I read, nowadays the dubs have to buy the mags and if they fail to sell them on they are left with the loss. Having millions of free salesmen for your products is a big economic advantage. So obey this shareholder multi billion dollar, multinational corporation and preach (sell our products, bring in new unpaid sales staff) or die at armageddon. They figured it out nicely how to make fear work for them.

• Handsome Dan
    Handsome Dan

I got the impression that these guys were just using the bible to make what they were saying and preaching viable and true, you know no one ever bs with the bible in their hands,

The old door to door to bible sales men that used to roam a round had a bunch of well rehearsed talk and sales tactics when they tried to sell bibles too. There is proof of the of WTS. tactics

in a old booklet put out by the WTS. called the colporteurs guide for publishers, you might want to read that closely. The end times are here ploy was a marketing tool that was used to grab

peoples attention and it worked well for them and thats why they still use it to day, something like this on the front cover of a magazine grabs people obviously. Thats how by the way they

collect peoples minds and working slaves, fear and provocation can create miracles. The Kingdom after all was built by devoted slaves and what a great Kingdom it has become......Amen

They were simply marketing their own power to be, it's great when you can get other people to do it for you, is it not. While the heads the sit on top of the tower with all the power and glory

obtained the lowly slaves do the dirty work to build up the kingdom and support it's structure. The master slave arrangement is an old one and even goes back to biblical times. It was even

approved by god socially, isn't strange that when you need work done some people look to god...ummmm.................. Oh so thats where they got the idea from, now I get it.

Here's a link for that guide if anyone hasn't seen it yet http://www.exjws.net/museum/colporteur.htm

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit