Why Can’t You Just Accept That It’s The Truth!

by The wanderer 15 Replies latest jw friends

• DHL
    DHL

I spoke my mind whenever I felt there was something to speak about and was often told that I was wrong because my thoughts were different from those that were preached at the cong. I've heard that again and again over the years. If you have a different viewpoint than the official rules than that must mean that you're wrong.

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

As a Witness, did you feel doubts or questions come into your mind and if you dared,
    voiced your opinion on the matter, were you “disciplined” for it? Did you suffer in silence
    just to “save face” or did you conform just to avoid problems?

Please explain

Respectfully,

The Wanderer

Hello Richard for me, I was raised a witness by my mother. And I always had a sadness about it. I would test a lot of things about the witnesses and the bible. I wasnt supposed to educate myself to live in this world as armegeddon was to come in 75. My directionlessness caused me problems at home with my worldly father vs my jw mother. When 75 came and went I was boiling mad. I felt I had been had and wanted a refund. But there was no refund to be had. I cant even bring myself to share my negative experiences with the witnesses, its to painful at this time.Since its been 24 years since I left, I guess it will always be to painful to talk about here or anywhere. But by 1983 I found the courage to never go back and I count that as a positive decision in my life. The beautiful thing today is, I dont consult with anyone about decisions in my life. I dont feel the need to. Which is 180 degrees opposite of where I was as a witness, I always needed everyones approval, which caused me to make horrendously bad life decisions.

• Stealth453
    Stealth453

Why Can’t You Just Accept That It’s The Truth!

Because it is nothing but bull$hit.

• DJK
    DJK

Raised as a dub, I was not just disciplined, I was beaten.

I suffered physically, emotionally and mentally until I was 18.

I conformed, just to protect myself.

There is a dividing line between a personnal acceptance of the truth and having someone else's acceptance of the truth forced on you.

Go to the dictionary and look up acceptance. Willingness is the key word. You can accept what you want, but you have to accept the fact that others will accept what they want.

You dubs are great at preaching. You are poor at practicing what you preach because you are so devout to preaching you have no time to practice. You don't even have any self devotion. You are motivated by a book written by men and retranslated by men thousands of times.

Your Jehovah is number one to you. Second is this and third is that and eventually you might come to your wife and children.

• Dismembered
    Dismembered

I despised the fact that what was good for the geese, (dingleberry laden sheep) was not good for the gander(s). (Watchtower bosses and their two-bit intrusive wives)

Dismembered

• alotlikemay
    alotlikemay

this is how it is IMO

God gave us a brain... most people don't even attempt to use it, which dishonours its/our creator...

God gave us the faculty of conscience... which the WTS has explained way back is individual to each one of us, we can train it.... so if we really want to honour our Creator then we should indeed train it and then use it.... as I used mine when it told me I couldn't stomach the teachings of the WTS any more...

God gave us all we need to fully inform ourselves about the Truth and to use our free will to act accordingly... and how wonderful for Him when we work it all out for ourselves (i.e. without having to be told/instructed) and then choose of our own volition to love him

and as a matter of fact what is the Bible definition of The Truth? check it out.... the Bible says Jesus = The Truth ... whether you like it or not, the Bible (that JWs are so fond of claiming as their own textbook) says Jesus is The Truth...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit