Who pays for the memorial wine ?

by JH 24 Replies latest jw friends

• DJK
    DJK

In my KH, the elder, or whomever did the meeting, bought the wine and the saltine crackers. WTF, it only cost five buck's.

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk
    saltine crackers

If they were really saltines, they're all going to hell! LOL!

• tan
    tan

I remember some of my childhood friends would eat the bread afterwards and they would giggle that they sipped on the wine before pouring it out. (Lil' devils)

• YoungAmerican
    YoungAmerican

My mother has provided the bread for many, many years at her expense. She has never been offered reimbursement for the things she had to purchase and she is sick and on a fixed income since my father (an elder) passed away 8 years ago. She had to buy everything for the table, including the cloth and make the bread. What a huge ordeal for her but she would never give it up until finally this year they gave the resposibility to someone else. My mother is on dialisis every other day and is nearly blind and they still had her doing this. I am glad she doesn't have to anymore. She would go out and by new pans to cook the bread in and serving dishes and everything so nothing was tainted!

• Athanasius
    Athanasius

I don't know what the congregations do now, but the year I gave the Memorial Talk, 1978 or 1979 don't remember the exact year, I provided a bottle of Israeli wine. Not only was it Kosher, it also came from the Holy Land. Of course nobody partook that year and who finished off the left over vintage is anybody's guess. Nevertheless, I was not reimbursed for my expense.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit