Who pays for the memorial wine ?

by JH 24 Replies latest jw friends

• JH
    JH

I know who gets to drink it, but who pays for it?

• Abandoned
    Abandoned

The memorial wine is paid for with the dashed hopes and dreams of millions of poor, indoctrinated souls.

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

and a less abstract answer would be that when i took it i bought it.

• Godless
    Godless

u do

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

I never donated money to the cult, so I never paid for the wine.

W

• Paralipomenon
    Paralipomenon

In my congregations growing up, it was donated. We had several elders that made their own wine. It was considered a great honor to have your wine selected for the memorial.

• badboy
    badboy

IS IT POSSIBLE THAT THE CONGREGATION PAYS FOR IT?

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

I always remember someone donating the wine. They got to take it home afterwards. I did the accounts for many years and only remember paying for flowers for the memorial.

Some one was also in charge of making the bread.

• Godless
    Godless

im almost positve that the congreation has to pay for it, im not a jehovahs witness (im highly against jehovahs) but i sat in on one of my friends meetings and they where asking "everyone" for money to pay for the renovations that had to be done to the kingdom hall.

• NanaR
    NanaR

My father was congregation servant then elder and P.O. for many years. He always bought the wine, and my mother made the bread. We also brought the goblets and plates and tablecloth from home. We used the table that was normally used for demonstrations and TMS talks.

We took the wine home after the meeting, and the other stuff too.

I do not ever remember congregation funds being used to purchase any of it (up until the late 80s anyway when my dad stepped down as an elder).

NanaR

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit