This Bull Terrier had a rough day!!!!! Bet he leaves porcupines alone now!!

by AK - Jeff 17 Replies latest social entertainment

• AK - Jeff
  • badboy
    badboy

yea,i bet he will leave any spiky animals alone!

• BrentR
    BrentR

My mother in law raises Norwegian elk hounds and every couple months they tangle with porcupines. You would think they would learn but it does not look like it.

• Open mind
    Open mind

HOLY PORKY SPIKES, BATMAN!!!

How do you get all of them out?

Can you do it yourself or do you have to have a vet do it?

If a vet, what's the bill gonna be?

Open Mind

(but not open to receiving porcupine quills)

• restrangled
    restrangled

That poor dog! I can't imagine taking the time to snap pictures instead of rushing to the animal hospital! I wonder if he lost his eyesight.

r.

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

Oh my, that poor, stubborn little dog! It looks like the photos were taken at the vet's office (look at the background) and they probably needed to take them for medical, legal, or omigod-I-can't-believe-this reasons. Hopefully they just anesthetized the poor baby before removing the spines.

I knew a bull terrier once, and that was one of the most stubborn dogs I'd ever met. I lived in the Northern Territory of Australia, which was populated with, among other things, green tree ants (3/4 inch long with a vicious bite). My mom was feeding a dingo and she put some leftover lunchmeat out for her. The ants swarmed over it before she could come and get it, so the dingo was smart enough to leave it, but Soong Lee the bull terrier who lived down the street decided that was HIS treat. We watched him pick up the lunchmeat and shake it confidently to dislodge the ants -- which proceeded to swarm all over his ears and toes and bite. He leaped in the air, did a little dance, shook the ants off and returned to the lunchmeat. It took him 10 minutes to eat the lunchmeat, because he had to keep stopping to rid himself of the ants, but he did it!

Nina

• greendawn
    greendawn

Poor dog that looks attrocious, at least porcupines only lash out with their tail when they feel threatened but that is quite a weapon all those quills. Fortunately we don't have them in Europe.

• BrentR
    BrentR

My mother in law is tired of taking her goofball dog to the vet so she grabs a pair of pliers and yanks them out herself. The quills have an antiseptic compound on them so infection rarely happens.

• kitten whiskers
    kitten whiskers

I would suggest he stick to this size:

• kitten whiskers
    kitten whiskers

That poor dog! I sat here with my mouth covered in horror! I had just seen this picture of the baby porcupines yesterday and what better thread to share it on? Please, don't anyone think I don't feel for this poor animal! Of course, these babies wouldn't stand a chance against him either!

Kitten Whiskers

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit