Ugh, more pressure from my jw family member

by sunshineToo 4 Replies latest jw friends

• sunshineToo
    sunshineToo

My brother, who got baptized not too long ago, sent me an email that recently many ex-jws are coming back to the organization and that he want me to come back as well. He also told me that he's going to be an Aux. pioneer next month. He asked me if I have read any scriptures.

To be honest I've been having some problem reading the Bible. For me reading the Bible means believing in God. But the God that the jws painted is so self-centered and immature, I'm still debating whether I should follow him or not. True, perhaps the jws got it all wrong. Maybe I should look into other venues.

I just wanted to vent out.

• Chameleon
    Chameleon

It's always a guilt trip.

Why don't you ask him to name specific ex-JWs that have gone back to the Borg?

• misspeaches
    misspeaches

The key here is in what you said... Your brother is 'newly baptised'.

Its like when you first meet someone and fall head over heels for them. Everything is amazing!!! Its easy when you feel like this to exaggerate about your current 'love' without intending to. Chances are someone mentioned that they knew an ex JW returned to the fold and he got all excited in the hope that you might too.

Despite this the guilt trips certainly don't help if your trying to do a fade or have disassociated/disphellowshipped and not interseted in returning.

You don't have to read the bible. Do you have any spiritual inclinations? Perhaps you could look into reading up on other religons and their beliefs. It will prove to be enlightening. The more you force yourself to do something for someone else the more your resentment will build.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

I'd tell your brother to call you in 5 years when nothing has happened. Then maybe drop a couple of years, like remember 1878, 1914, 1925... generations have died and been forgotten that believed in the Watchtower lies.

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

My brother, who got baptized not too long ago, sent me an email that recently many ex-jws are coming back to the organization and that he want me to come back as well.

If he was my brother, I'd say brother, people in hell want ice water.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit