Unbled meat.

by DJK 33 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Carmel
    Carmel

My mother used to cook hamburger until it was nealy black to "cook the blood out". In reality, the blood wasn't cooked out, it changed color to a grey instead of red. Still blood, just in a cooked form. How silly! carmel

• Fred E Hathaway
    Fred E Hathaway

Whatever technology was available to Noah was fine with God, when He first sanctioned animal meat for human consumption. I see no reason to suggest that things have changed in Jehovah's view from Noah's time till now. No wonder the FDS has clarified the issue of blood products over the last number of years. The point about blood, whether animal or human, as far as I know, has always been to lay the groundwork for the value of Christ's sacrifice for all sinful humans. The memorial of Christ's death is still in place, after all, these 1974 years later. The ransom is still required for humans to be given everlasting life, and it is still important to recognize Jehovah's Sovereignty (right to rule). Perhaps the following Scriptures (that come to my mind now) may be useful for our meditation.

Isaiah 55: 8, 9 states: 8 “For the thoughts of YOU people are not my thoughts, nor are my ways YOUR ways,” is the utterance of Jehovah. 9 “For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so my ways are higher than YOUR ways, and my thoughts than YOUR thoughts.

Romans 15:4 states: 4 For all the things that were written aforetime were written for our instruction, that through our endurance and through the comfort from the Scriptures we might have hope.

1 Corinthians 10:11, 12 states: 11 Now these things went on befalling them as examples, and they were written for a warning to us upon whom the ends of the systems of things have arrived. 12 Consequently let him that thinks he is standing beware that he does not fall.

1 Corinthians 10: 21, 22 states: 21 Y OU cannot be drinking the cup of Jehovah and the cup of demons; YOU cannot be partaking of “the table of Jehovah” and the table of demons. 22 Or “are we inciting Jehovah to jealousy”? We are not stronger than he is, are we?

1 Corinthians 10:31-33 states: 31 Therefore, whether YOU are eating or drinking or doing anything else, do all things for God’s glory. 32 Keep from becoming causes for stumbling to Jews as well as Greeks and to the congregation of God, 33 even as I am pleasing all people in all things, not seeking my own advantage but that of the many, in order that they might get saved.

• M.J.
    M.J.

no direct counterresponse?

• Fred E Hathaway
    Fred E Hathaway

That's as direct as I can get. It's a conscience matter, to figure out how it personally applies, and how it affects a person's own relationships, especially spiritually. After all, any author knows the meaning something should have. The better connection we has with the Divine Author, the better we'll understand what He's had written for our benefit.

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul
    That's as direct as I can get. It's a conscience matter

Then, Fred, you clearly have no business trying to impose your conscience on anyone else. Right? Or do you really believe it is just "a conscience matter" ...

You see, the Governing Body does not think it is just a conscience matter. They punish people who choose differently than they direct. Your conscience is fine with that, I suppose. Mine isn't.

• Fred E Hathaway
    Fred E Hathaway

They direct people to Jehovah's Word, and expect people to keep their word as Yes/No, within Jehovah's principles. I think it works best that way, even if I've had to take a time out once in a while.

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

Fred,

They direct people to Jehovah's Word, and expect people to keep their word as Yes/No, within Jehovah's principles.

They Pharisaically lift from the text endless amounts of rules to which they hold others accountable. They form a fence around the law of the Christ. They remove conscience in many matters where it rightly belongs; they substitute law, and declare that violation will result in the loss of God's favor.

In other words, they judge in matters the Bible forbids them to judge; matters in which the Bible plainly states that they must not judge. Conscience matters.

You imitate your teachers; how could you do otherwise?

• M.J.
    M.J.

Fred,

Look at box/pictures in the "Bible teach" book, page 122, 123:

The title is "SHUN WHAT JEHOVAH HATES"

Listed is:

• Manslaughter
    • Sexual Immorality
    • Idolatry
    • Drunkenness
    • Stealing
    • Lying
    • Greed
    • Violence
    • Improper speech
    • Misuse of blood
    • Refusal to provide for one's family
    • Participation in wars or political controversies of the world.
    • Use of tobacco or so-called recreational drugs

In addition, there are illustrations of "sinners" performing all manners of atrocities. Included is an illustration a half-crazed, depraved looking woman recieving a blood transfusion.

My point is that the Watchtower Society has most definitely made the decision for JWs. It is a foregone conclusion. I most definitely would respect anyone's decision to personally refuse blood. But I strongly object to the Society bullying compliance to one view, where various views are possible. You can't get around the fact that transfusions were not specifically what the Apostles had in mind when these words were spoken. So it ought to become a matter of thoughtful consideration. Not a forced decision.

• Fred E Hathaway
    Fred E Hathaway

Principles trump laws. And this thread is about "unbled meat". Let's stick to that.

• M.J.
    M.J.

Fair enough, Fred.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit