Unbled meat.

by DJK 33 Replies latest watchtower bible

• DJK
    DJK

What is the (or your) definition of unbled meat as described in 1 Samuel 14:32-35 where Saul fed his army unbled meat. I would assume that his army did not travel with a herd of sheep and the meat they ate would be from the wild.

I am a hunter and when I harvest a deer, I do not hang it and cut the throat. I have already dressed (disemboweled) the deer and that includes removing the heart from the inside which allows a total bloodletting.

There are Jdubs who hunt and it is quite obvious to game officials who they are because they will check in deer with the throat cut. Don't they know that cutting the throat of something already dead is useless? Ask any Medical Examiner and they will tell you the dead don't bleed.

• meritixj
    meritixj

The Old Testament covenants have been fulfilled, we are no longer subjected to them, we need to know acknowledge a steak medium rare is good for us LOL!

• Fred E Hathaway
    Fred E Hathaway

Acts 15:20, 29 still applies.

• meritixj
    meritixj

You need to uderstand customs and the era it was written in....today its acceptable to have a medium rare kangaroo steak btw we are bred tough down under lol

• Fred E Hathaway
    Fred E Hathaway

The Scriptures still cannot be annulled.

• meritixj
    meritixj

The greek word used here is 'APECESQAI' these verses are reporting a command given, rather than giving a command. Once again we need to take into consideration what the Hebrews believed, and not to offend the gentiles needed to accommodate their beliefs.

• Fred E Hathaway
    Fred E Hathaway

Jehovah knew the issues better than we when he authored his Holy Scriptures. We need to reason according to His ways, not our own. (Isaiah 55:8, 9.)

• meritixj
    meritixj

Fred, Not to be antagonistic however, I beg to differ with your belief there. Once again you are quoting Old Testament. Jesus fulfilled the old testament laws, we need to understand Christianity is not based on legalistic doctrine, its based on love and salvation by grace. The Holy scriptures are guides, the old testament is a testament of Christ and what he accomplished. The day he went to be crusified was the day that the old testament was fulfilled. Christian's shouldn't keep harping on what the old testament writers wrote. We now live under the new covenant and have a personal relationship with God.

• Fred E Hathaway
    Fred E Hathaway
    Fred, Not to be antagonistic however, I beg to differ with your belief there. Once again you are quoting Old Testament. Jesus fulfilled the old testament laws, we need to understand Christianity is not based on legalistic doctrine, its based on love and salvation by grace. The Holy scriptures are guides, the old testament is a testament of Christ and what he accomplished. The day he went to be crusified was the day that the old testament was fulfilled. Christian's shouldn't keep harping on what the old testament writers wrote. We now live under the new covenant and have a personal relationship with God.

Acts 15: 20, 29 comes after Jesus' death and resurrection, and definitely applies to both Jews and Gentiles. A read of Acts 15 especially verse 19 shows this plainly. As 2 Tim 3:16 states: All Scripture is inspired of God and beneficial. All is a pretty inclusive word.

• DJK
    DJK
    Acts 15:20, 29 still applies.

Twice said, "Abstain from blood". There is no description made in regards to unbled meat. You have to kill a wild animal before you bleed it and if the dead don't bleed, then how do you properly bleed it? Is this an oversight on god's part?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit