The 1954 Douglas Walsh Transcript--PDF!

by Atlantis 32 Replies latest watchtower bible

• hawkaw
    hawkaw

BTTT

• Rescripting_myself
    Rescripting_myself

I grew up in the so called "truth" in the seventies after my father had been recruited into JWism a few years earlier. I guess many on this board will identify with me when I say that had WTS made this transcript known to my father, he most likely would not have become a JW and I along with my siblings would not have been brought up in this nonsense that has cost us very dearly.

To me, this shows the deliberate misleading of the entire JW populace by a small number of persons who deliberately undertook to mislead, misuse and waste the lives of others - the others being the entire population of JWs throughout the decades. Fredrick Franz, Corvington, Rutherford and a few others would most likely be among these culprits while Raymond Franz, Lyman Swingle and perhaps many others who came to serve on the GB after its establishment in the early 1970s were themselves unwitting victims of the great con pertuated by the likes of Rutherford and F. W. Franz. I'm of the view that some of those appointed into the 1970s GB may genuinely not have realized that they had been conned and were being used to perpetuate a con as Raymond Franz implicitly states in his CoC book. I however hypothesis that others among them had come to realize that they were perpetuating a con. I would place Karl F. Klein, Albert Schroeder, Lloyd Barry, Grant Suiter and Theodere Jaracz in this category.

Any thoughts or comments from others on this?

RM

• garybuss
    garybuss

So you think Ray Franz and other governing body members of the gullible class were victims because they believed a story about a talking snake and a naked lady and that Rutherford fulfillled Bible prophecy and the seven trumpets of Revelation were the seven Bible Student District assemblies from 1922 to 1928, starting with Cedar Point, Ohio and ending with Detroit, Michigan?
    :-)
    Or am I missing something?

• EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries

bumping for if anybody has a new link, old link to download this gem is bad. I'll try to find it elsewhere in the meantime.

• EndofMysteries
  • Scott77
    Scott77

bttt

• rather be in hades
    rather be in hades

has anyone had any luck showing this to anyone they know?

• kepler
    kepler

"Has anyone had any luck with showing people this?"

I got a hold of it several years ago and QUOTED from it. The significance of that is that I had to transcribe it into e-mail letters. The PDF is a 97 megabyte package which is a series of screen shots, not characters.

Whether the people who have quoted excerpts above did so from the same transcription process or succeeded in obtaining a genuine copyable text would be a significant point. A text document of this size should probably be only 2-3 megabytes.

But what material I have used, I have obtained no acknowledgment of anyone even having read it. Whatever it takes for people to snap out of a tightly bound trap, the individuals that were once close to me haven't reached that point - if they ever will.

• wallsofjericho
  • St George of England
    St George of England

Whatever happened to Douglas Walsh? Is he still alive?

George

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit