The 1954 Douglas Walsh Transcript--PDF!

by Atlantis 32 Replies latest watchtower bible

• TD
    TD
    Atlantis can I again thank you for the information you provide and the time and effort in getting it to us....I have been trying to get this court transcript for a while.....thanks again mate and best wishes to you and yours

Big nod to that....

--Thanks, Atlantis!

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

Atlantis, Thank you for this, I remember reading this about four years ago. This time I saved it, thanks again for all your hard work on this one.

Blueblades

• mcsemike
    mcsemike

His "Christian right"? What god damn "right"??? JW's HAVE no rights. What a lying crock of shit. Terry mentioned the Nazis. Let's do the same thing to the GB. Take them and hang them in the middle of Times Square. F*ing liars. How can you swine look any other human being in the eye? You disgust me.

I've read this transcript before. It's a shame that the lawyers always have to pin down the GB witness for a correct answer. What ever happened to "let your light shine to the world"? These monsters suck. I'm sorry the terrorists didn't miss the Twin Towers and hit Bethel instead. AND NO, I'M NOT AFRAID OF YOU GOD, OR THE WT, OR SATAN. NO ONE! GOT IT?? WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO ABOUT IT??? BEAT ME UP??

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

TD:

Blueblades:

Thank you friends for your kindness!

Tweety picture no.0510

Cheers! Atlantis-

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

Mcsemike:

We know how you feel! We are all here to help and support each other. Don't let it get to you to bad mcsemike! Just be proud of yourself that your free and helping others to become free.

Cheers! Atlantis-

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Check this out from Freddy Franz:

Q. Who is responsible for the interpretation in case of doubt, or in general, of scriptural writings for the guidance of Jehovah's Witnesses? A. We believe that Jehovah God who is the author and inspirer of the Bible is the one who makes the interpretations. He is his own interpreter. He does that by the use of his invisible active force, the Holy Spirit operating upon the minds of his Witnesses upon the earth, and he causes events to come to pass which are in fulfilment of his prophetic word and which, therefore, throw light upon the true significance of his word... Jehovah God is the interpreter, but he guides his people upon this earth, and in this case the editorial committee of the Society, they study the Scriptures continually, and they examine and re-examine the evidence as it appears, and under this Divine guidance with the help of the Holy Spirit they arrive at the understanding of the Scriptures... Q. In addition may I take it that where in the periodical literature one finds an interpretation of Scriptural texts these also, being issued with the authority of the President and Directors of the Watch Tower Bible and Tract Society, possess the same authoritative quality? A. Yes. We take this position because we cannot ascribe our interpretation of Scripture to any private individual. As the Apostle Peter says in his Second General Letter to the Christians, Chapter One and verses 20 and 21, "Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation. For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man, but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost," or Spirit" (pp. 22-24).

He says flatly that the interpretations found in the publications of the Watchtower Society come directly from Jehovah God, and that they are just as authoritative and inspired as the Bible itself (!). I suppose that would include the interpretation on the 1914 generation mentioned just a few pages earlier:

Q. Has Armageddon, in your view, yet arrived? A. No. Q But it is something which will arrive? A. Yes. Q. Is there, in view of the final arrival of Armageddon, any urgency in the need to preach the gospel of the kingdom throughout all the world unto all nations? A. Yes. We believe that the battle of Armageddon will arrive within the generation that began witnessing the events of 1914 and still continues witnessing the evidence of the fact that we are living in the time of the end of this world and the time of the presence of this established kingdom of God. Jesus said that "All these things shall come to pass within this generation". Q. So therefore there is a matter of urgency? A. There is a matter of urgency and the 18th chapter of Revelation says that the devil who will be restrained with his demons at the battle of Armageddon has great wrath during this period of time because he knows that he has short time and we know it too.... Q. I think you told his Lordship that, in your view, that presages Armageddon within the generation? A. That is right. Q. And, therefore, in your view, there is need for urgency? A. Yes (pp. 17-18).

In case you didn't check your watch, that was 53 years ago.

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

Thanks for making this available Atlantis.

If I don't meet you in this system of things, I'll see you in the Parad...................................................................

Oops! I was starting to relapse.

Thanks again.

Nvr

• bebu
    bebu

This is one one thing I'd always hoped to get but the cost was prohibitive--and you found it for me!! Ah, thank you so very much. I'm much obliged!

bebu

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

Leolaia:

Thanks Leolaia! Those are some good quotes I need to put on the chalk-board!

alt

Nvrgnbk:

Thanks old friend! I'll drink to that! Keep up the good work!

Bebu:

Thanks bebu! It was our pleasure. Now you have your own copy. GO GET EM bebu!

Cheers! Atlantis-

• ErEf

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit