Is this site JW or what?

by Ephesians6 28 Replies latest jw friends

• cornish
    cornish

Usually a Witness would not venture on to sites like this unless by accident or unless they were already starting to have doubts due to things they have witnessed in the Org that do not add up to the image they originally believed in, and having not found answers in the organization are taking nervouse steps to look outside,always with an element of fear in the background due to not having been deprogramed.
    I can remember years ago when a witness having a leaflet thrust into my hand outside an assembly and being completely scared at looking at its contents which I had already been warned about reading such dangerous material,so I threw it away like a good JW,the only thing I saw on that leaflet was a bold headline 1914 with a question mark next to it.
    There are 3 types of JWs in my book
    1. The decieved,who are indoctrinated and sincerely believe they have the truth but some may have some doubts pushed to the recesses of the mind.
    2.Those who know all is not well or even realise it is a big con,they have taken the biggest step and are mentaly free of watchtower slavery,but have family wife etc,so have made a strategic decision not to formally leave yet for this reason.
    3.The deciever.This is the worst type,no longer decieved but a deciever and become willing tools of deception they dont obey all the watchtower dictates themselves but hypocriticaly tell others they should,and argue publicaly are all out championing the borg, prehaps they value their prestige or position in the organization,they know its wrong but find it advantageouse to support a corrupt organization and stick up for it no matter what.
    I would not waste my time with the latter.

• StifflersErSlayersBrother
    StifflersErSlayersBrother

haha, i almost didnt reply to this, FORGOT IM STILL A DUB, lol... Welp, im off to write a post in the adult forum about my first night at a strip club... TA TA!!

• messenger
    messenger

YES!!!

This is the official forum of the WTBTS as they moniter it more than any other on the internet. Want to find out what bethel is thinking? Read this forum and you will find where most of the "new light" the Society finds comes from. We are glad to help WT find "new light" in their partnership with the UN, Blood, Child molesters, and many doctorinal points. It seems when Jehovah speaks through JWD, Watchtower listens and is often forced to take proper action to assist the flock. WE rejoice with our partnership and hope Jehovah continues to reveal spiritual food at the proper time through his chosen channel the JWD.

• speffot
    speffot

hey ephesians 6, im a witness too, and i get all this badmouthing, most of it is all about brothers making mistakes and others who are not willing to forgive them....

doea agape mean anything?????

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Active schmelder (I like that word!), but with a lot of family to lose. Hate the hypocracy, wind-tacking changes, thought-control. Love my friends and family - there are some lovely individuals (in and out).

Technically you are still a witness if you haven't DA/DF'd, and report at least one hour every sixth month (you'd be classed as irregular, instead of inactive) - regardless of if you're baptized, or not.
    Of course it is assumed that you use this hour to preach "God's kingdom", which for most believers would not be a total problem as there is no small print that says that you HAVE to use magazines or preach Wt doctrines to do this.
    Stop reporting for a full six months and you are no longer in the stats.

Maybe Cornish would disagree, but I think that there may be another catagory of dub who stays. One who tries to effect change from the inside (like the JW Reformers on Blood). There may be more types, too - I hate to see "definitive" lists <g> as this world is full of rich variety.

LT

• thinkers wife
    thinkers wife

Cornish,
    Excellent summation. But I think LT might be right just one more category.
    Zev,
    I am so sorry, didn't realize it had deteriorated to that point. Hope you are OK.
    TW

• Cygnus
    Cygnus

Cornish,

You left out two.

One, the believing JW who just smiles and laughs at everything critical of the Society, totally warm in and secure in his or her relationship with Jehovah. This type of JW couldn't care less about the donation arrangement, parking tickets, NGOs, or even who the Governing Body members are. This JW just enjoys people, and association. This JW makes friends with neighbors, volunteers for local social programs, makes brownies and pastries for after the book study, etc. Nothing ever seems to bother him/her.

The second that hangs out in boards and chat rooms heavily populated by apostates is the JW apologist. This JW is rather familiar with all arguments against JWs: born-againish, Ray Franzish, atheistic. He knows the Bible inside-and-out, and is a master manipulated of speech and dialogue. His tone and the way he uses words impresses average-everyday JWs who wish they could answer objections so forcefully. This type of JW puts on an air of mock humility ("let's see what the scriptures say, shall we?", yet by conducting himself in this manner never allows himself to become the student. He makes it clear that he is the teacher, and that his opposition is clearly in the wrong, or even lying. This JW will even announce when he disagrees with the WTS on some point or another, but will clarify that it does not mean his final analysis is so strong a disagreement that it could cause discord among the friends. This JW is very much like your #3 example, however, I really enjoy talking to them. They are really the very most interesting of the whole bunch.

• DIM
    DIM

My wife and I are still active JW's - we attend about 75% of the meetings. We are planning to do the old "fadeout" within the next 6 to 9 months (once we move away) because we don't believe most of the WTS teachings.

• cornish
    cornish

Little Toe
    Yes you are right those who fight whithin the Org for change are doing an excellent work they would not be able to do from the outside as well and have stayed in for another strategic reason,so broadly I would say they belong to the 2nd group,I dont mean to catergorize or pigeon hole but I just seem to find with some JW,s just let them get on with it,but Cygnus you are on the ball with those two ,lol.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit