Is the WT lack of funds showing in the Wardrobe room (scans)

by kwintestal 21 Replies latest watchtower bible

• kwintestal
    kwintestal

Are these ladies wearing the same shirts? These scans are from the Feb. 1 2007 Watchtower.

altalt

Page numbers were left on the scan for those who have the articles to have a closer look. I just thought it was funny that they'd get two different women to wear the same shirts in identical photos. You think they have stockpiles of photos sitting waiting to be used?

Kwin

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

It's hard to tell because the pictures are at different angles, but I suspect that it's the same woman....the eyes look similar, the hair is combed from the middle similarly (the slight difference in color is probably due to lighting), the shape of the face looks similar, and the chin looks robust in both. But she has changed her skirt.

• kwintestal
    kwintestal

But the hair colour isn't the same. One is definately a brunette while the other is much blonder. If so though, interesting that they'd have the same person twice in the same magazine, one in the section "What can you learn from children" the other in the WT study article "jehovah is an appreciative god"

Kwin

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

I added to my previous post the observation that the lighting is different...in the first picture the light is shining directly on her hair...bringing out lighter tones, whereas in the second she is more in shadow, bringing out the darker tones. Even in the first photo she is not a pure blonde. If you study the face, there is a clear commonality between the two imho.

But it is hard to tell, can't say for sure....

• kwintestal
    kwintestal

Hmm, yes I suppose it could be the same person. Must suck having to wear "dress up" clothes all the time.

Kwin

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Ack, you just gave me horrible memories of my childhood!!!! Having to wear the same two or three outfits three or four times a week.

• found-my-way
    found-my-way

two different women, if it's the same shirt, then one woman fills out her shirt more than the other

sorry, i notice boobs lol

• Euphemism
    Euphemism

Not a hundred percent certain, but I believe that the clothes the Bethelites wear in WT photo shoots are actually their own. At least, I know that one former friend of mine was in a shoot for a photo in the YPA article "What's wrong with hanging out?", and he was told to come already dressed as the photo required. He was the only guy in the photo who looked plausibly 'worldly'.

• Badger
    Badger

Perhaps, but Bethel has always been about economy. The daily menu, living conditions, even the laundry lists (recylced from misprinted tracts).

• Will Power
    Will Power

Is that a homemade valentine substitute appreciation card? Maybe the new bethel made green blouse will be sold at the next assembly to offset the declining gold nugget sales? hi kwin :-)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit