Do you like being a parent or grandparent better?

by avidbiblereader 8 Replies latest jw experiences

• avidbiblereader
    avidbiblereader

I would have never thought that I would like being grandfather but I enjoy it more than being a parent, anyone else feel the same way?

Oh, by the way, my darlings are my new avatar, it is so fun being a grandfather and seeing the next generation come along, anyone else feel this way?

abr

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420

Being a grandparent is so much better. My oldest granddaugher...being a kid...at Walmart.

alt

lisa

• DJK
    DJK

I like being a grandfather better. My son has a boy and a girl that I can see when I want to. I raised five children who have been on thier own for ten years. Three were stepchildren and each of them have a child. They are not underfoot all of the time. No diapers and no tied down feeling.

• jaded
    jaded

Being grandparents is the best thing that ever happened to me and my husband! I never thought that I would feel this way. There is just something so special about grandchildren!

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

I am one of those rare-breeds grandfather/father. We are raising our grandmunchkins ages 7,5,2. I don't get to send them back home at the end of the day, since this is thier home now. Still, I would not trade it for a million dollars. I don't get to 'spoil' 'em as much as I like, since we are the daily caregivers, and I miss that.

Jeff

• megsmomma
    megsmomma

ABR...Your grandbabies are adorable!! My lil' Megan is myavatar....I think she looks like Elmer Fud in the pic...she was wearing dads camping hat!

I love being a mom....and I can't wait to be a grandparent. I think my husbands parents would like to be the parents of their g-kids though.

• Gayle
    Gayle

Grandparent,,,you get to tap into the child within yourself, thru them. You get to do that with your own children too (had 5) but there's still the work load. But as grandparent, you get the fun stuff. I hope to leave "fond memories" to my grandchildren, that I didn't have with my own grandparents.

• MeneMene
    MeneMene

Grandparent - I have so enjoyed my grandson. I am more relaxed and have the time to just have fun with him. We have gone bicycling, made day trips to the Aquarium, to Callaway Gardens & the butterfly house. When he was 5 we were on a day trip, I gave him the map and showed him where we were and where we were going. I told him he could be our navigator.

A little while later he told me he was our 'gator'.

• one of 12
    one of 12

Yip. Grandparenthood is the best. You don't have to get involved too much with the discipline thing. Its't heaps of cuddles and fun stuff.

My two are only babies really. Erin is 2 on the 7th of May, and Xavier is 12 weeks old: 3 months on the 21 March.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit