just to introduce myself

by alotlikemay 31 Replies latest jw friends

• alotlikemay
    alotlikemay

it's been a long time since I was in the 'truth'

took a long long time to rehabilitate and among one of the things I had to do was learn to make friends. When you're in an organisation such as the Watchtower Society, you have automatic friends, don't have to work too hard to make friends.

When you leave, you realise you don't always have the social skills necessary to survive in the 'world'

But I've done it. I now have amazing friends. OK, they're not 'religious' (well, one or two are but they don't thrust it at me) but they're loyal and supportive

anyway, maybe will make more friends here, time will tell

• tall penguin
    tall penguin

Welcome to the board. If you're like many of us here, you'll make friends pretty quick and become addicted to this place. :)

Look forward to your posts.

tall penguin

• alotlikemay
    alotlikemay

wow, quick response

and i love penguins :-)

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

Hello alotlikemay.

Welcome and enjoy the very eclectic mix of people that is JWD.

Nvr

• tall penguin
    tall penguin

"and i love penguins"

Ya, we're pretty cool.

• MeneMene
    MeneMene

Welcome to the board. I left the WTS close to 30 years ago. I find I still have a problem getting close to people especially now that I am retired. I am again feeling the issues with social skills.

There is a singles group in my community but I haven't gotten up the nerve yet to join in.

I just found this board last year. I hope you enjoy it as much as I have.

• LovesDubs
    LovesDubs

Welcome to the board! Come on in...bring your pizza and beer and set a spell with us!

loves

• DJK
    DJK

Welcome. You'll find friends here, some that believe in god and some that don't. Don't be shy and enjoy.

• mama1119
    mama1119

WELCOME!!!

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket

Hello! I know what you mean about making friends.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit