How long can you go to the meetings and not get baptized?

by JH 24 Replies latest jw friends

• blondie
    blondie

I have known non-JW husbands of JW women to attend meetings for over 50 years and still going without being baptized. Of course, the CO & DO said that these people are really "corpses" and the JWs married to them are kissing corpses.

Blondie

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk
    the CO & DO said that these people are really "corpses" and the JWs married to them are kissing corpses.

Yes, some of those old brothers have such a pleasant way of expressing themselves.

• blondie
    blondie
    the CO & DO said that these people are really "corpses" and the JWs married to them are kissing corpses.
    Yes, some of those old brothers have such a pleasant way of expressing themselves.

Actually, the CO isn't 30 yet and the DO is just barely 40. The younger generation is getting meaner and meaner. Blondie

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk
    Actually, the CO isn't 30 yet and the DO is just barely 40. The younger generation is getting meaner and meaner. Blondie

You've got to be kidding me, Blondie. Thanks for playing some role in my exit, you Jezebel.

To Blondie my favorite WT conductress of all time.

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

I went for 13 years and didn't get dunked. After a while, nobody talked to me nor associated with me. I was just kinda there. About half of the congregation referred to me as "brother" just because I was around for so long. Then I dumped out and lost my "unbaptized publisher" title. Half of the congregation then shunned me.

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

I wonder what would happen if a person would go to meetings for years and not want to get baptized.

I never saw them make retards get baptized before.

• Mincan
    Mincan

I went for 20 years and never got baptised. Although I'm only 20 now ;)

• DJK
    DJK

I went 18 years. Asked once about baptism by my father. I just shrugged my sholders. End of discussion.

• blondie
    blondie

I would think that this question isn't meant to cover the first 18 years of the life of a JW with one or both parents JWs. Really, you don't have a choice. But if you were 18 and not living at home and kept going to the meetings, I bet you would be nagged and nagged. The ones I have seen are non-JW husbands of JW women. They come to please their wife but they aren't going to get baptized. Some have even "studied" with elders off and on. I have seen these men and their wives reminded that unless the husband gets baptized, he will not survive Armageddon. I have found other elders who privately can't imagine that God would kill these men. Yes, it's all right for God to kill 6.5 billion men, women, children, and babies as long as they don't know them personally.

Blondie

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother
    many years, and still doesnt want to get baptized, they will eventually lose privileges

No privileges allowed until you are baptized - unless you count the privilege of reporting service, oh and the ministry School.. but you are not worthy to carry the microphone or serve the mags .

I have known one or two be brought up in it, never get baptized though, just always be around. I can think of a student who studied two or three books , they stopped studying with him and he carried on coming , always around but never committed ..

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit