Uhhhhh, may have done something stupid...not sure...

by mama1119 26 Replies latest jw experiences

• mama1119
    mama1119

Okay, so my best friend calls this morning. She has left the borg, but the rest of her family hasn't. She was invited over to her Moms house last night for dinner and her Grandparents were suppossed to be there. They were always a really close family. So she went over there to see all of them. Her grandparents had just finished having a family study with her Mom..(age44, still having a family study). She went to give her grandma a hug and she was stiff as a board. So my friend asked what was wrong. And she proceeded to rant and rave, scream and yell at my friend. She said what a disappointment she is, what a horrible person she is, that she worships buddha on and on. Unprovoked. Her Grandma said do you love Jehovah, and my friend said no..and they said well we don't love you then. They said we want nothing to do with you, you are dead to us, all the usual bunk. She was DESTROYED!! (Her Gpa is the PO, real loving huh). Anyway, I have just been fuming all day about this...it was an obvious setup...and her mother did not step in once to defend her, she allowed this to happen in her own home.Soooo....I made a phone call to them and left a message (its Thursday, meeting night dontcha know)..that said"

"Hi XXX and XXX I just wanted to say what a fine witness you gave to XXXX last night. She is so encouraged. I mean to go to her mothers house and abuse, I mean, thats what it was, abuse, he in her home because she doesn't share the same beliefs as your cult, I mean religion, Jehovah must be bursting with love and pride for you two. Instead of focusing on her good qualities..that she is caring, loving, a hard worker, you focus on that. That is true christian love, no wonder you are a PO. What a fine witness brother and sister. way to go"

So. was that stupid..I dodn't tell her I was going to do it, and I just kissed goodbye any residual relationship I had with her Mother..but someone should stick up for her...right????

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

Yeah I think you did the right thing. So, you know that they'll now shake you off too, but you also know that they're not people you want to keep in your life. When we grow up we get to choose our friends.

• veradico
    veradico

Good for you! Bravo!

• Abandoned
    Abandoned

So. was that stupid..I dodn't tell her I was going to do it, and I just kissed goodbye any residual relationship I had with her Mother..but someone should stick up for her...right????

I don't think you needed your friend's approval. I wouldn't worry about losing a friend either, because as long as they are jw, they aren't going to uncondtionally love you anyway.

• mama1119
    mama1119

Thanks...I just told her I did it...she was so glad! No one ever sticks up for her, they always dump on her...I think she was happy someone did.

• onlycurious
    onlycurious

Stick by your friend. She is going to need you.

By the way, listen to her more than anything. She'll need big ears and loving arms.

• veradico
    veradico

I was rather sure she would be. It's actually rather rare for people to jump in and defend others.

• Merry Magdalene
    Merry Magdalene

Good friend

~Merry

• valkyrie
    valkyrie

Good on you, mama1119!

What a loving thing you did in speaking up for your friend, from the heart! One should be so lucky as to have even one passionately caring friend to speak the truth to such perpetrators of sheer meanness! I don't know you, but I am proud of you for that demonstration of love!

-V

• TheListener
    TheListener

Hey, I have some relatives you could call.

That was a nice way to stick up for your friend - good for you.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit