Assembly talks-WHy did they talk so loud at the end!?

by themonster123 27 Replies latest jw friends

• themonster123
    themonster123

Whenever I would go to conventions, I thought it was weird how at the end of the brothers' talks (especially the older ones like from the Governing Body or whatever), they would start getting LOUDER AND LOUDER AND LOUDER.

ie; "in this time of the end, we need to KEEP ON THE WATCH FOR OUR ADVERSARY SATAN IS ROARING ABOUT LIKE A LION!!!! DO YOU AGREE??"

and then the audience would be forced to clap. I can't remember how many times at a convention the audience would have to show we "agree" with something by clapping on cue. It's okay once in a awhile, but not like 5 times a convention.

But, yeah the whole getting louder and louder at the end of their talks was always annoying and seemed like a technique you use on a child who has his hand in the cookie jar "You'd better not take that cookie or you'll be IN VERY BIG TROUBLE."

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

they knew everyone was falling asleep

• Chameleon
    Chameleon

To get dubs excited about the propaganda.

I don't clap anymore for anything. I'd like to clap if I heard "_____ is no longer a JW."

• mama1119
    mama1119

LOL..so true!!!

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

Probably one monkey saw another monkey get louder and then they all started doing it. Then all the monkeys in the audience clap. It's like pavlovs dog, talk louder, they clap. That's how the old farts get their jollies.

• BFD
    BFD

How else are they going to wake everybody up?

BFD

• needproof
    needproof

Old 3rd Reich mind control techniques, dictated from Bethel. Hitler started slow and quiet, becoming loud and irate towards the end.

• 5go
    5go

I agree with every I wake and never hear what the moron had to say and then of course leave.

• Mary
    Mary
    Assembly talks-WHy did they talk so loud at the end!?

That was to let us know that it was time for us to wake up and go home.

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

Even they were falling asleep from the mind-numbingly boring information.. So primarily, they were trying wake themselves up.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit