LESSONS FROM HISTORY

by Doug Mason 32 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Fred E Hathaway
    Fred E Hathaway

The physical man and the spiritual man, how different their perspectives,

how differently they see things, how different their objectives.

While the physical man sees just the flaw, the spiritual man stands in awe.

Two men they are as they discuss, just as two ants might be to us.

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul
    The physical man and the spiritual man, how different their perspectives,
    how differently they see things, how different their objectives.

I agree wholeheartedly. The physical man has his heart set on material, earthly rewards while the spiritual man does not seek these things.

I think it is humorous that you ignore the fact that the prophets of old did state that they spoke for Jehovah and did state that the prophecies were infallible. You have nothing to controvert my argument with so you reduce yourself to rather pedestrian poetry in lieu of discussion.

Another way of wording something as infallible is "it must occur" ... would you like to infer that this phrase doesn't appear in the NWT?

The reality is simple; you want it complex so that you don't have to face reality. The BIBLE says God's spokespersons claim to speak for God and that the words of the spokesperson of God will always come true.

The Governing Body refuses to claim they speak for God but also claim to be the channel of God's communication with mankind. At the same time, the caveat for everything they say is that they are fallible. Yet they hold adherents accountable to their words as though they were not fallible, and this is unconscionable.

If they are no more or less fallible in doctrine than I (a status very different from the one the Bible attributes to God's spokespeople) why should I believe they have it more right than I do?

...the spiritual man stands in awe.

But you are not standing in awe of God, you stand in awe of men. They provably are not God's spokesmen, even their own criteria excludes them. Tsk. You are consumed by the physical while claiming to be spiritual. Pathetic.

—AuldSoul

• Fred E Hathaway
    Fred E Hathaway
    I agree wholeheartedly. The physical man has his heart set on material, earthly rewards while the spiritual man does not seek these things.

The Master Worker looked down from above and valued the human being, though a creation of flesh and bones.

I think it is humorous that you ignore the fact that the prophets of old did state that they spoke for Jehovah and did state that the prophecies were infallible. You have nothing to controvert my argument with so you reduce yourself to rather pedestrian poetry in lieu of discussion.

In the Bible we see both the false and the true, as elsewhere the spirits must be tested. I see the articles in the WT like articles written during the 1st century CE. Some thoughts may make the new scrolls, while the rest may remain on the cutting room floor. The wheat is still not completely separated from the chaff yet, except for those in Jehovah's association. Stars differ in brightness, even as do humans (whether of the Anointed [John, or may I say Messiah/Christ]-class, or of the other sheep [of which the great crowd is a subset]).

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit