LESSONS FROM HISTORY

by Doug Mason 32 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Gill
    Gill

The current Watchtowers?!

Might want to check them for what will not happen and what they will probably have to change their minds about in the next few weeks/months/years!

• Fred E Hathaway
    Fred E Hathaway

Bible research is ongoing, is it not!

• Gill
    Gill

If someone has an angle to sell, and is also trying not to be sued for false representation of Bible instructions that have caused countless deaths in the past, they cannot be considered and unbiased researcher.

There is not one qualified Biblical Scholar at Watchtower HQ in Brooklyn......just lots of lawyers attempting to save a large pot of cash and assets.

One would be foolish to trust any 'research' they came up with, without masses of coroboration from unbiased persons.

• Fred E Hathaway
    Fred E Hathaway

Is it an angle to sell?, or is not it rather, a serious researcher who is adding to the value of a case that is already being made. Respect is a key ingredient, as shown by the injunction at 1 Peter 2:17: 17 Honor [men] of all sorts, have love for the whole association of brothers, be in fear of God, have honor for the king.

Fifty victories in the US Supreme Court don't just happen. They are a result of successfully applying that injunction, etc.

Someone Jehovah is using to represent himself as the true God surely is not out to make false representations. Satan and other Resisters are kicked off Jehovah's team. Jehovah knows who's responsible for any deaths and holds them accountable in His own way and time. Jehovah knows, too, who is the researcher whose heart is complete toward Jehovah. As the Scriptures point, it is Jehovah himself who qualifies any who represent Him. Jehovah God will be proved true, even if every man were found to be lying, which isn't the case.

• Gill
    Gill

Fred E Hathaway - Personally, I would prefer a well trained and educated 'in the field' person to operate on me if I needed surgery.

It doesn't mean that I don't 'honour' my window cleaner, it just means that I know what he is trained to do and what he is NOT trained to do.

• Gill
    Gill

One more point. If a man had an 'angle' to sell, and the book he was taking his information from did not fit the 'angle' that he had to sell, a real fraudster would change the book. This is what happened with the NWT and the WTBTS and its FDS....they simply change the bible to suit the doctrine they were attempting to sell.

They added lots of 'Jehovah's'. They decided to put commas where there were no commas. They moved words to change meanings.

Sadly, the biggest crooks wear suits and ties. Some people just don't see past that external image of respectability, and in the long run, it costs them

• Doug Mason
    Doug Mason

In the 1970s I produced a Paper proving that the WTS's authors consistently misquoted and misrepresented people.

I have a letter written by Mantey pleading with them to stop misusing his works.

I wrote a document in which I showed how regularly they misquoted and misused medical, legal and historical quotations throughout the whole of their booklet "Jehovah's Witnesses Answer Questions About Blood". My analysis is available on my web site (http://au.geocities.com/doug_mason1940/blood.html).

There were so many misquotations, selective quotations and misrepresentations in the "Aid" book on chronology, it made me so angry.

Have you read "Scholastic Dishonesty" by Michael Buskirk or "The Seven Thunders of Millenial Dawn" by Shadduck?

Don't tell me that Jehovah God would stoop so low! If anyone thought God could lie like this, they don't have the first idea what is meant by the nature of God. There are some things God cannot do, and one of them is to lie. Maybe I should provide a post on that some time.

Doug

• Fred E Hathaway
    Fred E Hathaway

Posting it for me wouldn't solve anything. Discussing with the authors (who you feel have been misquoted) would make more sense. Then those authors could deal directly with any misquoters, if and how they choose.

• Fred E Hathaway
    Fred E Hathaway

Since Jehovah delegated to Jesus and allowed/authorized the writing of Matthew 24:45-51, and Jesus has allowed the GB to oversee things (even though the FDS are mentioned, not the GB), that's up to Jesus and Jehovah how that gets sorted. Jehovah still remains true, even if all men are proved liars.

• Fred E Hathaway
    Fred E Hathaway

That's the way you see it. Others may/will beg to differ.

We must each beware when we think we're standing, that we don't fall, like the blind leading the blind and both falling in a pit.

If you're going to say that the NWBTC (New World Bible Translation Committee) has changed or is changing the Bible, then you'd have to say that other prophets in the Inspired Scriptures have done the same, including Jesus himself. All have applied Scriptures in ways that weren't obvious to many others (whether to those in their own day or since).

If, on the other hand, God felt that fraudsters had been allowed plenty of time and it was time to put things right, God has that right. It's His book, after all.

Some, myself included, have evidence to say that Jehovah's name still could legitimately be in the the Bible a few more times. Some other translations I own use Jehovah's name more than the NWT does.

As for commas and other punctuation, each language and writer has its own requirements. Change of word order is often required from one language to another for the ideas to be expressed clearly. Every language and dialect has its own grammar and sentence structure. Even each individual uses words according to his personality in a unique way, at least to some degree.

A suit and tie doesn't have anything to do with being a crook. A robe or a military uniform has been the choice for many. Others do there work as hackers in regular street clothes or even in the buff.

Just because some people just don't see past external images of respectability doesn't mean that God sees that way or that we should. But all humans can be guilty of painting with a bigger brush than a job warrants. May we not be among them.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit