Would you have followed Jesus

by JH 48 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• JH
    JH

If you could have been one of the apostles, would you have given up everything you have today to follow Jesus?

• Brother Apostate
    Brother Apostate

Yes, I can only hope so.

BA

PS- This is Jesus Christ, not Jesus Dominguez, we're talkin' bout, right?

• journey-on
    journey-on

If he looked as hot as he does on the Memorial invitation tract, that's a big "yes"!!

• found-my-way
  • JamesThomas
    JamesThomas

No. I could not dishonor and subtract Divinity out of the entire universe and shrink it down in some specific little man that I could worship him as god.

j

Edited to add: That said, if he was willing to truly honor That which has no beginning and no end, I would have met with him as a beloved brother.

• Hellrider
    Hellrider

Hell no.

• Madame Quixote
    Madame Quixote

How do I know who or what I would have followed, thought, or done 2000 years ago? I'm guessing I wouldn't know then what I know now. How do I even know if I would have been asked to follow him; the apostles were apparently all men, but then again . . . I guess if there was food to eat, I'd a' followed him somewheres.

• 5go
    5go
    If you could have been one of the apostles, would you have given up everything you have today to follow Jesus?

A founder of a 2000 year old cult sounds just as appealing as a 120 year old cult.

I hope I wouldn't.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

I have followed various 'teachers' during my time on this planet.

I have fallen from the teachings of many of them.

There is no guarantee that I will remain 'faithful' to the insights of the remaining ones.

Many of the ones I trusted for a while had some basis in truth for what they said, and they truly believed it.

Science has become the new 'Jesus', proclaiming impending disasters and telling us how it can fix it providing we give it lots of MONEY.

It is not my intention to leave one cult just to be sucked into others.

Cheers

Chris

• Crumpet
    Crumpet
    If he looked as hot as he does on the Memorial invitation tract, that's a big "yes"!!

Journey-on - any chance you have a scan of this invite????!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit