Jehovah's great justice

by Zico 33 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Zico
    Zico

Stark,

Even though I disagree with you, I admire your conviction, and the way that you don't shy away from difficult questions.

I'm going to bed, have a good day/night! :)

• Anti-Christ
    Anti-Christ

"and man created god in his own image"

• stark
    stark

Hecklerboy, you said:

“This doesn't make much since. It's like me having children, then telling them that they have to love me or I will kill them. And if they happen to have children before I kill them I will make like hard for them. How could a child love a parent out of fear?”

The difference is between the parents (fallible humans) and God (infallible being). The parents are to nurture and raise a person who will then enter into life being responsible for their own lives. The parent has no right to take the life of their children, because they don’t own their children, which is interesting in light of the abortion debate. However, God is Creator, Sustainer, Ruler, and absolute owner of all there is. If He allows a death it’s with the full knowledge of the person, and the power to give the life back.

As for fear, we should have a respectful fear of God, and our love is based on the fact that He deeply loves us, so much so that we have John 3:16

Another question is, why didn't God just kill Adam and Eve immediately and start over instead of letting them live for hundreds of years and have and undetermined amount of children? Not very smart if you ask me.

Better yet, why did He make them in the first place? The Biblical teaching is that God knew of the need for Christ before the world existed (see 1Peter 1:19-20)

Personally I don’t know, but there must be something about a right relationship between God and people that make it worthwhile. This relationship is so important to God that He allows people to hate and insult Him, when He could vaporize the whole thing and start all over again, all for the sake of those who turn to him. Why are we so special to God, why does He care so much for us that He is willing to enter the constraints of time and space, take on flesh, live as we do, be tortured and killed so that we can be close to Him. That something, whatever it is, has given me such hope, joy and meaning in my life, and when I look at the night sky, or narrowly avoid a disaster I have someone to thank, that’s great too.

Yes, it doesn't appear to be very smart to a finite being, but to God?

• stark
    stark

God got bored easily. He actually only made Michael the Archangel. Then he let Michael
    do the creating. Michael made the angels.

They (God and Michael) wanted to try something different, so they created the physical earth and
    the heavens (stars and galaxies), and then wanted to create something special. They put life on
    the earth, but had gotten bored with creating virtually the same thing again and again. They
    decided to make the "life" self-perpetuating instead of making every last thing.

Satan and the demons sinned, humans sinned. "Hmm, let's see if this can entertain us. We are
    bored, again. Satan might not want to play if we kick him out right away, but the humans will have
    no choice."

Everytime it looked like Satan had an edge in this game, God changed the rules. There was the flood, and
    the manipulation of whole armies of people to bend the rules. Michael might have tapped God's shoulder
    and reminded him about that "bruise-on-the head-and-heel prophesy" so He fulfilled it.

That looks like a J.W. based scenario, you might want to hash it over with one of them, they may have an answer, but Biblically it's way off. For starters Michael didn't create anything, and Jesus is not and never was Michael.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit