Jehovah's great justice

by Zico 33 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Zico
    Zico

In the beginning…

Jehovah created millions and millions of angels.
    Jehovah created 2 humans.

Each angel was created separately, is independent of each other, and in control of his own destiny.
    Only 2 humans were created by Jehovah, every other human's existence dependant on those 2 humans.

When Satan and his demons sinned, Jehovah waited until 1914, when he installed Jesus as king, before punishing them.
    When Adam and Eve sinned, he damned them straight away, when he could have waited till they gave birth to a few perfect children before he took their perfection away from them, thus punishing them without effecting any future generation.

When Satan and his demons sinned, all the good angels were allowed to live on unpunished and unchanged.
    When Adam and Eve sinned, all subsequent generations were screwed, and damned, before they even existed, punished for their ancestors mistake.

Does anyone else see a problem here?

• What-A-Coincidence
    What-A-Coincidence

Gonna send that to "Questions from Readers" - I'll get back to you.

• Alwayshere
    Alwayshere

What-A-Coincidence, can't wait to to see the reply on that one. [if there is]

• Zico
    Zico

Don't you know they make up the Question's from readers?

• stark
    stark
    In the beginning…
    Jehovah created millions and millions of angels.
    Jehovah created 2 humans.
    No problem so far.

Each angel was created separately, is independent of each other, and in control of his own destiny.

Each angel is dependant on God for their existence, and can choose to rebel against God.

Only 2 humans were created by Jehovah, every other human's existence dependant on those 2 humans.

All humans are dependant on God for their existence, and can choose to rebel against God.

When Satan and his demons sinned, Jehovah waited until 1914, when he installed Jesus as king, before punishing them.

1914?? God damned Satan straight away and punished him and those who followed him by kicking him out of heaven.

When Adam and Eve sinned, he damned them straight away, when he could have waited till they gave birth to a few perfect children before he took their perfection away from them, thus punishing them without effecting any future generation.

Adam and Eve suffered the results of their sin just as God told them they would.

When Satan and his demons sinned, all the good angels were allowed to live on unpunished and unchanged.

God provides the humans forgiveness for their sins, by simply accepting Jesus as Lord. The angels don't have that.

When Adam and Eve sinned, all subsequent generations were screwed, and damned, before they even existed, punished for their ancestors mistake.

We are punished for our own sins if we don't accept the gift from God.

Yes, God hasn't worked things out the way you want him to.

• kid-A
    kid-A

Excellent points.

The inherent absurdity displayed by this hypothetical "god" in choosing to punish ALL humans, for the mistakes of two, was a question NO JW, (or any other "believer") was ever able to adequately answer for me.

This is tantamount to condemning the children, grandchildren, great-grandchildren, etc of a convicted murderer (and the Eden account wasnt even close to murder, it was just humans exercising free will!) to spending their entire lives in a state penitentiary, in addition to the punishment of the primary perpetrator. An exquisite example of gods intrinsic immorality and complete ethical bankruptcy...

• Zico
    Zico

Stark,

: Each angel is dependant on God for their existence, and can choose to rebel against God.

: All humans are dependant on God for their existence, and can choose to rebel against God.

This is besides my point.
    When an angel 'sins' or 'rebels against God' no other angel is effected by that sin. Why not all? Because that wouldn't be fair.
    When the first human 'rebelled against God' all other humans were punished for it, because they lost their 'perfection' (see Kid-a's post for why this is ridiculous, thanks Kid-a)

: 1914?? God damned Satan straight away and punished him and those who followed him by kicking him out of heaven.

I was looking at this from a JW viewpoint. JWs believe this happened in 1914.

: Adam and Eve suffered the results of their sin just as God told them they would. ?
    But where is the justice in making all their children and subsequent generations suffer?

:God provides the humans forgiveness for their sins, by simply accepting Jesus as Lord. The angels don't have that.

The angels don't need that, because they weren't condemned for the actions of a few other angels. I think I'd prefer to be born perfect, and not have needed Jesus.

: We are punished for our own sins if we don't accept the gift from God. ?
    We need forgiveness because God made it impossible for us NOT to sin by screwing us up for the mistakes of 2.

: Yes, God hasn't worked things out the way you want him to.

You got this part right. :)

• Mary
    Mary

Absolutely not.....do you?

• fifi40
    fifi40

Further questions for Stark

If humans were made perfect and in gods image, how you could they act in an imperfect way? If they are flawed but made in Gods image, does this mean God is potentially flawed also? Why did he create them perfect and then set out to test their perfection? Why did he feel the need to answer Satans supposed questioning of mans need of God, in such a long and perverse manner, which has led to endless, torturous suffering for many of mankind? Can you really associate this with a 'God' of love? There are many more questions I could ask you on this subject.

• found-my-way
    found-my-way

1914?? God damned Satan straight away and punished him and those who followed him by kicking him out of heaven.

So where was Satan when God asked Satan about Job?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit