With the "New Light" on 1935 will JW's come up with a Great Crowd "A" and B

by booker-t 8 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• booker-t
    booker-t

It is just getting like a rollercoaster ride with the Changes going on at the WT society. But it just don't surprise me as much as it used to. I really believe that JW's will come up with a new doctrine of the "Great Crowd-A" (people going to heaven to help the 144,000) and a "Great Crowd -B" people staying on earth after Armaggeddon. They change doctrines like a ping-pong game and expect all JW's to just accept it with no questions asked. I know that many JW's will be upset but will suffer in silence because of fear of Disfellowshipping for questioning doctrine.

• Oroborus21
    Oroborus21

Well as i said on the other thread re this topic, I believe the future, probably within the next 4 years is for the number (144,000) to be taken as figurative or symbolic and not literal.

The WT has always been criticized for taking one part of the same scripture/passage as literal, the number 144,000, and another part as figurative, the names of the twelve tribes or the fact that they are Jewish tribes.

Even a non-scholar can agree that either the proper interpretation is all literal or all figurative but not this fractured understanding that the WT/JWs have had.

Thus JWs will embrace, as I say likely within the next four years, the understanding that the 144,000 is symbolic of completeness.

So yes, the two destinations belief will remain among JWs. That is some are called to heaven (that is a spiritual existence) and others to a physical life eternal, first on Earth and probably thereafter to other planets in the Universe.

-Eduardo

• bluebell
    bluebell

I always loved the - maybe when we hav populated the earth we will expand into the universe thing! lol, after they've killed off most of the scientific community i wonder haw many eons of overcrowding they would hav to put up with before getting an inbred genius, or maybe god would just magic it all for them as he takes SO much interest in the world.

• Pahpa
    Pahpa

Booker

Nothing would surprise me any longer. They already have tried the two class system with the "anointed." Remember how we studied about the Elijah-Elisha classes among the remnant?

However, if they put any of the "great crowd" into heaven, it will be another case of making a complete circle. Russell taught the "great crowd" was a heavenly group serving in the temple of God.

But if the Watchtower did make another heavenly class it would help to explain why so many partake of the emblems at the Memorial so that the numbers keep increasing each year.

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Keep in mind the overall objectives of this cult - IMO

• To grow in numbers
    • To become mainstream

The wierd doctrinal positions actually aided the growth we have seen since the 30's - 90's under Rutherford/Knorr/Franz. The gradual erosion of those self-same doctrines will ensure the slip into the mainstream. Yes, the loss of these unusual doctrines will likely escalate. The heavens will soon be the main direction for Jw's - but four years seems fast to me. I give 'em 10. But the idea fits - get rid of the '1914 generation' - then 1935 - then 144,000 sealed ones - then the earthly paradise altogether. That's how one fades from being an apocalyptic cult into mainstream kookiness I think. Don't be surprised if along the way they begin to slip in the acceptance of Jesus' death on a cross too.

Jeff

• yaddayadda
    yaddayadda

Jeff, How on earth can you say that becoming mainstream is an overall 'objective' of the JW's? That is utterly baseless. The entire history of the organisation is nothing but a reaction and rally against 'mainstream' Christendom.

JW's will never abandon their earthly paradise teaching, just like the Christadelphians never will. They would sooner shrivel up and disappear that abandon such a fundamental teaching to them. There is as much chance of them dropping this teaching as there is of the Pope announcing in the future that the human soul is mortal. I wonder if you ever were a JW to be so out of touch with their mindset.

They may tinker here and there with certain of their fringe/chronological teachings and soften some of the more rigid stances re blood etc because of financial/legal threats but that is hardly evidence of an overriding 'objective' to become mainstream.

• greendawn
    greendawn

They seem to have got their followers into accepting any changes they make as they continue an erratic mad course due to their gross doctrinal incompetence, they are really clueless in that sector though they claim unique divine appointment and direction - how deliciously ridiculous. So they may change anything even their most fundamental doctrines they are just interested in keeping this judeo-masonic business going.

• avidbiblereader
    avidbiblereader
    Time to get more wine and bread for spring????

I bet it will come out, and then you will see the masses with the stupid look on the face,

abr

• zack
    zack

I don't know about an "a" or "b" list great crowd. What more witness I know are certain about is this: They aren't going to be in the Great Crowd cause they are going to be

in the grave. There are hundreds of thousands of JW's older than 60. These know the truth of the hope the WT gave them. The literature keep pointing to the resurrection, not

Armageddon. The WT carrot was that you could avoid death and get to waltz into the arms of a waiting pet lion. That carrot is gone.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit