My Life after Bethel part 3

by new boy 20 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• free2think
    free2think

Thanks New Boy. I really enjoy reading your experiences.

• new boy
    new boy

In the summer of 1974, they told us we could have "some"contact with DFed ones to encourage them spirituallly, to get back in, because we were so close to the end. This lasted for 7 years, then in 1981 "the light" got "unbrighter" and they told us we were going back to the old way of doing things of VERY limited contact, as it is today. I guess God was a little confused those 7 years.

• TopHat
    TopHat

Having booze at your own wedding is usually a personal choice and NOT the Elders...Every JW wedding I went to had alcohol drinks served to the adult guests who wanted beer or cocktails.

• love2Bworldly
    love2Bworldly

Thanks for your stories--I love them!

• loosie
    loosie

New Boy, I PM'd you

• Mulan
    Mulan

We knew Buddy Weber. He and his wife were good friends of my parents. His pioneer daughter, Jane, dated a guy in our congregation. Very nice girl. The guy she was dating was definitely not approved by Daddy, but she liked him. They didn't last though. Jane was Jepthah's daughter in a convention drama, 1968 I think.

Buddy had a scandal in this area, and I think that is why he moved East. He did have a radio show, but was also a host on a local TV talk show, and posed nude, inside a box, for an ad for the TV show. He wasn't really nude, but it looked like he was. He was disciplined, and shortly after, they left the area. He was definitely a Seattle celebrity, and everyone loved it that he was a JW.

Great stories! Keep them coming.

I thought you might enjoy hearing Buddy wasn't quite what he said he was. Hahahhaha.

• Star Moore
    Star Moore

Hi New Boy:

Really love your stories, please keep writing them..

• zack
    zack

Pioneer paint Company!

Gotta love it, bro! See, the Lord provides, right?

• moshe
    moshe

I just love your stories-

I remember those picnics- our KH used to have some big hog roast picnics - that letter killed them ,too.

• VanillaMocha73
    VanillaMocha73

http://www.radioink.com/HeadlineEntry.asp?hid=127806&pt=archive

Seattle Radio, TV Personality Justus “Buddy” Webber Dead At 82

Justus "Buddy" Webber, a Seattle radio personality and television show host in the 1960s and '70s, has died at age 82.

Webber, known for his ability to avoid verbal pitfalls at the last second, died of pulmonary fibrosis.

Webber began his radio career in Indianapolis, and later worked in Omaha and then at KGO San Francisco for four years before becoming the morning drive announcer on KVI Seattle in 1959.

"He had a rare talent," former KVI PD Jack Macdonald said. "Buddy would start a line on the air and he'd get to a point where it would be disaster, and he would just stop there and leave it right in your head. "When he was talking about the weather: 'Oh, boy, it's cold out today, it's as cold as the balls (pause) on a pool table."'

Webber later moved to KOMO Television as host of the Buddy Webber Show on a set resembling a small house with a stuffed moose head that made smart-aleck remarks.

Baptized as a Jehovah's Witness in 1963, Webber left broadcasting in the early 1970s to join a ministry in the Canary Islands.

Webber's wife, Betty Heck, died in 1995. Survivors include his wife of eight years, Carol Jensen; a daughter; three sons; and a sister.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit