Lets TALK COLON CANCER (join in)

by DannyHaszard 28 Replies latest watchtower medical

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard

Said to be the #2 cancer killer in the west pre-cancer growths start out very slowly takes years to evolve,but good news,as the Colon/large bowel has an egress to facilitate exams and most cancers occur in the last end of the pipe the rectum so it's easy to detect. Almost a taboo topic,it seems anything goes with explicit talk of sexual matters but folks are squeamish when discussing BM (Bowel Movements) As a 28 year patient ravaged with a diseased bowel from the auto immune disease Ulcerative Colitis I have lost my bashfulness. I have had countless Colonoscopy .They can make you so relaxed with a little morphine that I once fell asleep. Danny Haszard will NEVER get colon cancer as I do not have a Colon anymore and nobody can call me an a**hole as that's gone too. I got an ileostomy (bag) which sucks but am now cured forever of Ulcerative Colitis which sucks even more so i am better off. The point is I know bowel problems and can lead a discussion.Many 'new system ' minded Jehovah's Witnesses postpone health care and/or have no health insurance due to their self-employment cottage industries. The # 1 common sense biggie:if you have colon cancer in your immediate family see a doctor and talk about it.

• Xena
    Xena

Both my mom and aunt died from colon cancer so I have a 1 in 3 chance of getting it. Had a colonoscopy right after my mom died, probably time to get another.

• Stealth453
    Stealth453

Thanks for the post Danny. Good advice for all of us to follow.

Keep up the good work. You are an inspiration to all of us.

peace friend.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Danny

This is definitely one of those tests that should be done on a regular basis.

My daughter's mother in law just finished chemo and has an excellent prognosis for the future.. But a large part of that is that it was detected very early.

GET TESTED!

• Snoozy
    Snoozy

My X daughter in law just lost her Father to Colon Cancer. They found out he had it after he turned yellow..it had spread to his liver.

He only lasted a few weeks after that diagnosis. He was a really great father.

I just had a check up and the Dr asked me if I ever had one..I said..did you?..He laughed and said no. (He was my age).

My daughter had one and she screamed when they did it.Makes you a little nervous about having it done. I'm always afraid they will rupture something..but you are right..it can save lives..or make your life more pleasant as in your case. My sister in law has the bag also..she loves it.

Now she can travel and just about eat anything she wants and not worry about finding a bathroom..

Sure would have been nice if my X-daughter in laws father had the test..maybe he would still be here. He is going to be missed by many.He was the kind of guy that would give you the shirt off his back or drop what he was doing to help family or friends...or even strangers..

Snoozy..RIP Don...You will be greatly missed.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Danny, I sure wish they gave me some of that morphine.

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard

Why Colon Cancer is so deadly once it gets established in plain english:

The job of the colon/bowel is to drain water,so it has a massive drainage system the lymphs so the cancer cells get drained too and that's why it spreads.

Know this I knew 20 years ahead of time that i would get cancer and had colonoscopy survelliance every 4 years with tissue examined for dyplastic changes when it got to a risk level the whole bowel came out.But don't forget I am a rare patient with bowel disease starting at age 13 in 1970 the new system was supposed to cure me in 1975.

In a worse case scenario you get a bag,BUT there are tons of options long before that

• parakeet
    parakeet

My husband has struggled for years with colitis. It's now under control with medication and diet restrictions. You're right, Danny, squeamishness should not stop anyone from talking with a doctor and getting regular colonoscopies. I had my first one last year. It wasn't pleasant, but it wasn't that bad either. It was well worth the minor discomfort to be told I had a healthy colon.

• greendawn
    greendawn

Danny did they remove the whole of your large intestine? And if they did what sort of problems does that cause with the digestion and absorption of food?

• oppgirl63
    oppgirl63

My father died of colon cancer at age 52 almost 17 years ago. I had my first colonoscopy when I was 40. They found a polyp (the kind that can change to cancer) so I had another colonoscopy last year at age 42. Everything was clear so it will problably be 3 years before I have to have another. The test is really not bad at all (the morphine is great), but the day before is kind of bad doing the prep. My father suffered terribly....I don't want to ever go through what he did. When I was 40 I had to demand that I get tested (my dr. said that just because my father had it does not mean there is a family history because no one else had it). Now since they found the first polyp, my Dr. said I will never go more than 5 years without having a colonoscopy.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit