New

by ayhra 19 Replies latest social current

• journey-on
    journey-on

I'm kind of new, too, but I'd like to welcome you anyway. You'll get a lot out of this group of very intelligent free-thinkers.

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

Welcome! Enjoy great people and learn alot. There's a constant and free exchange of thoughts, ideas, concerns, doubts, successes, and much more on this board.

Nvrgnbk

• bluebell
    bluebell

Theres a bit of everyone here , active, inactive, exdubs, never been dubs.... Most who are anti dub are anti for a reason and are healing from past wrongs.

Welcome to the forum

• gumb
    gumb

Welcome ayhira. You will find all sorts here, but I think most do not have much of a good word to say about the Watch Tower Society!

• ayhra
    ayhra

If most people are anti or ex jw why bother if you dont believe in it why waste your time writing mean hurtful and prejudges posts and set up a entire web site and forum dedicated to them. Its a religion not a cult and people write about jw's as a whole everyone is an individual and just like the rest of the world there are nice caring people as well as bad awful people. Jehovah witnesses dont set up web sites saying and exploting awful things that non jw's do to them, such as teasing bashing raping even murder.

• choosing life
    choosing life

There are many wonderful people within the Witnesses. I have no problem with them.

If you think the Witnesses don't bash those who choose to leave, you must not be keeping up with your literature reading.

• Abandoned
    Abandoned

Due to the abusive shunning policies of the Jehovah's Witnesses, an ex-jw and an anti-jw are one in the same.

• Madame Quixote
    Madame Quixote

Welcome to the board, ahyra.

In answer to your question, why set up a board like this:

It is because not all jws are nice people. They don't all treat each other - or their own relatives - always nicely; and some of us have been the recipients of that abuse or have observed it and decided that the JW way might need a more critical look or maybe just a little critical feedback.

The purpose of this board is for healing and friendship, in my view. People who've been abused by anyone (JW or otheres) deserve a safe place for healing and friendship.

Sorry if this board affects your rose-colored view of the JWs. Truly, I am. I wish the rose-colored view was always right. I'd be sitting in at a book study right now if I thought it was.

If you ever need us or want to talk about any issue that troubles you regarding your involvement with the JWs, we are here for you.

And if you ever want to come and tell us how wonderful your experiences with the JWs have been, we're here for that, too.

Again, welcome to the board.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

Hi and welcome to the board.

The WTS devotes itself to bashing every other religion and everyone that leaves. It forces parents to shun their children. This has caused huge emotional issues, and this site is one of the best ways for people to move on from the pain the WTS has inflicted on them. Here are some examples of the "bashing" that the Watchtower partakes in.

Watchtower 1994 July 1 p.12

“For one thing, some of the apostate literature presents falsehoods by means of “smooth talk” and “counterfeit words.” ... Those who have continued to feed at Satan’s spiritual table, the table of demons , will be forced to attend a literal meal, no, not as partakers, but as the main course— to their destruction !”

Watchtower 1952 October 1 p.599 “We must hate [the disfellowshipped person] in the truest sense, which is to regard with extreme active aversion, to consider [them] as loathsome, odious, filthy, to detest.”

I agree with you that there are many wonderful JWs, as there are in every cult, but in every sence of the word the WTS is a cult. If you have not done any research into cults and mind control I urge you to read http://jwfacts.com/index_files/mindcontrol.htm

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket

Why set up a board like this? Because the Governing Body makes you believe in them more than God. Then they got a lot of other issues that bring pain and suffering to people. You say that they don't "bash"? They bash other religions everyday and tell people that they should leave their religion to become a Jehovah's Witness. Isn't that bashing?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit