Got my mom out of the cult after 25 years of indoctrination

by What-A-Coincidence 24 Replies latest jw friends

• What-A-Coincidence
    What-A-Coincidence

Yep. After she spent 25 years in the troof she finaly has come to realize that the Org. is a cult. So I would like to thank the ones who were here when I first logged on and Steve Hassan and Ray Franz. Many hugs...no grabbing though...u know who you are ;-)

• Chameleon
    Chameleon

that's great!

what made her see that it was a cult?

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

I'm so glad you got your mum back!

• vitty
  • bubble
    bubble

Well done. I wish I could get my family out. A pipe dream I fear. XXX

• greendawn
    greendawn

Congrats, any details on what issues above all others made her realise after 25 years that this is a cult? Was it the shifting ideas on issues that have caused a great deal of harm to their members such as alternative service, the blood issue, the voting issue (see Malawi), sacrifices made by dubs for a soon to be end that never comes eg foregoing university education etc

• themonster123
    themonster123

That's so crazy. All I can do is hope the same for my poor old mom. She's sooooo sooo dedicated. I just imagine her sitting alone at the meetings without her daughter (me) sitting next to her....it makes me so sad...cuz we have a really good relationship. Ever since I left (a month ago), I miss her emotionally (even though we live together)...she was actually disfellowshipped years ago (like 25 years) when she met and moved in with her boyfriend (my Dad).

• Mrs Smith
    Mrs Smith

You give me hope!!! Thanks for the post. I'm a bit of a softie and this post brought tears of joy!

• Zico
    Zico

Congrats! Good news. Is she going to come and post here?

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

Thats great news. It is interesting that Hassan's book helped, I would love my parents to read Releasing the Bonds.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit