'No such thing as disfellowshipping or disassociating now'

by needproof 20 Replies latest jw friends

• SPAZnik
    SPAZnik

LOL Blondie, great quotes.

Hmmm, this puts a whole new slant on their membership stats. I wonder how many of the 6 million are "inactive" or "non-practicing" witnesses. Way to pad the numbers and paint themselves a force to be reckoned with. LOL

• SirNose586
    SirNose586
    The "Don't talk to inactive ones" is from one poster hearing it said at the
    Circuit Assembly or Special Day assembly. We don't know of others hearing this.
    SO- it's possible that it's one CO's feelings, or the start of something new.

Looks like I'll find out on Sunday.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    I ask this because for the past few times now the JW's have just totally ignored my house, as though it is a DO NOT CALL - but I am not disfellowshipped, just inactive.

I remember doing that when I was a "good JW". We were never told to avoid the home of an inactive person, but our self-righteousness kicked in anyway. We assumed the inactive person was a "deadbeat" who knew damn well we could be found at the Kingdom hall if they wanted to talk to us or associate with us.

Come to think of it, we ignored the homes of active JWs too - unless they had a reputation for inviting JWs in for refreshments. The only time we knocked on the door of any JW was when we were hoping to get our bellies filled.

That's probably why we spent so much time in Tim Hortons. The JWs were cheapskates.

W

• J-ex-W
    J-ex-W
    the past few times now the JW's have just totally ignored my house, as though it is a DO NOT CALL - but I am not disfellowshipped, just inactive.

They likely ignore your house because they can't count service time talking to baptized people (for this, active vs. inactive is regarded as irrelevant).

• Cass
    Cass

Hi, was just thinking, the reason i avoided inactive ones is because i thought that they might just need some space and their own time to work things out,

i didn't want to seem pushy or come across as having a holier-than-thou attitude.

Heaps of people on here have mentioned being ignored and avoided but maybye it's not always done with bad intentions.

Cass

• Scully
    Scully
    for the past few times now the JW's have just totally ignored my house, as though it is a DO NOT CALL

Maybe they haven't needed to use your bathroom yet.

• Jourles
    Jourles

Something funny just popped into my head. We have so many acronyms for current and exjws, why not add one more? It totally fits and carries a double meaning as well ---

INLAW

• Are you an INLAW? How many jokes are made of INLAWs? If you have horrible INLAWs, do you try not to talk with them if at all possible?
    • Or......were you one of the post-March/April(?) '05 KM INLAW announcements?

Do you know what an INLAW is yet? Is No Longer A Witness...

So are these the four basic "official" categories for drifting and exjw's? ---

1. Disfellowshipped
    2. Disassociated
    3. Fader(Inactive)
    4. INLAW

I'd say over 90-95% of the board falls into one of these categories. Is that a close estimate?

(pardon me if someone else already claimed credit for this one(inlaw) and I didn't notice it)

• J-ex-W
    J-ex-W

Pretty good observation, Jourles. I like it! 'Course, I wonder how much my opinion is swayed by the fact that you're hot.......

• sspo
    sspo

I beleive what they mean about the inactive ones and not associating with them is primarily if they don't go to meetings anymore for a long time ( faders) and it is a known fact that they are involved in celebrating holiday or living an immoral life or a life that JW's do not approve. They were getting a free ride and the society is putting a stop to it.

It was primarily intended for family members that left the truth , never got df.

• metatron
    metatron

They are liars, as usual.

Do any of these idiots stop and think about what disassociation or disfellowshipping actually

mean? How about to be removed from association? Whether or not the actual words are used

is irrelevant. The meaning is clear - and the instruction to disfellowship those who talk to the

disfellowshipped is still in the elder's green manual.

metatron

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit