Terror Level - ORANGE!!

by badwillie 39 Replies latest social current

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

The administration raises the terror alert to distract the public from negative press. Go back to your lives, folks, nothing to see here.

• under_believer
    under_believer

It's because of the Halliburton announcement. You think the Arab world is happy about Halliburton moving to Dubai?

Neither does your federal government. In fact they believe it will increase terrorism. Whether or not this opinion matches with reality is an open question.

• heathen
    heathen

Of course it goes up , do ya think it has something to do with the congress denying funds for the Iraq occupation ? Go figure.......

• wormwood
    wormwood

I'm with sir on this one...red herring all over the place...red, yellow, green what ever freaks out the public. Funny, we come from a religion that thrives on fear, then we come together here at this forum; to fall for the same gag. I'm so disappointed...

• Who are you?
    Who are you?
    Terror Level - ORANGE!!

NOT...unless of course you are planning on visiting Disney World anytime soon.

March 12, 2007 — The United States government national threat level Elevated, or Yellow.

The U.S. threat level is High, or Orange, for all domestic and international flights. Only small amounts of liquids, aerosols and gels are allowed in carry-on baggage.

Get a grip people.

• 5go
    5go

Could it be that mine that got robbed again of amonium nitrate explosives. Second time in six months and plenty of times before those. Now the ATF is looking into it. Funny why not that the last several times BUSH.

• badwillie
    badwillie

Fliers to Be Rated for Risk Level

New System Will Scrutinize Each Passenger, Assign Color Code

By Sara Kehaulani Goo Washington Post Staff Writer
    Tuesday, September 9, 2003; Page A01

In the most aggressive -- and, some say, invasive -- step yet to protect air travelers, the federal government and the airlines will phase in a computer system next year to measure the risk posed by every passenger on every flight in the United States.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/ac2/wp-dyn/A45434-2003Sep8?language=printer

• Gill
    Gill

badwillie - Armageddon is ALWAYS coming, isn't it! Somehow, it just never seems to make it!

I let the people whose job it is to worry about the 'Terror Level', do that.....otherwise the terrorists have won and we'll all go dig a bunker in our gardens and hide!

Everyday life is far more concerning to the average bloke/woman in the street than boring old terrorists.

We've had a few deaths in the UK from terrorist, I'll grant you that BUT, every week in the UK 2 or 3 women are killed by violent partners. Do we see the police ramming down their front doors to protect them......Not bloody likely. Let's see, that's about 100-150 women a week killed. Far more than any terrorist attack that has taken place recently and the police/security services do absolutely nothing about it.

That's just one little example.

We have to get this into perspective. There may well be a terrorist threat, but there are other more pressing threats that the world seems to have lost interest in such Sudan, Zimbabwe, etc.

Folk get all excited about terrorism because its a little 'boys' gang trying to outwit another little 'boys' gang!

A bit more fun than who beat Mrs Bloggs ( I heard it was her husband) down the road to death last week, and who strangled Miss White across town two weeks ago(apparantly it was her boyfriend).

Let the security services worry about terrorism...it is highly unlikely to happen and if it does....it won't be because they haven't thrown all their rescources at preventing it, at the cost of everything else.

• Who are you?
    Who are you?

Badwillie

Congratulations on getting people all stirred up over nothing! It just goes to show:

1) Some people aren't aware that the level hasn't changed

2) Some people don't read

3) Some people don't think

4) Some people are trapped in a thought pattern that reacts to certain buzz words as opposed to critically analyzing information

What will be your next post? Hurricane Katrina a fraud!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Gill
    Gill

Sorry! Would just like to edit above post to 100 - 150 women per YEAR killed by violent partners.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit