PLEASE VOTE FOR AN EXTRA BANK HOLIDAY

by Crumpet 19 Replies latest jw friends

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

THIS IS A CAUSE WELL WORTH SUPPORTING;PLEASE VOTE IT TAKES ONLY ONE PUSH OF A BUTTON FOR A WHOLE DAY OFF WORK!!We have a real chance to make April 23rd, our nations day a bank holiday. If you are in agreement then please vote and also please send this to as many people as possible as it's all about numbers. There is a chance the public can make St Georges Day a public holiday (After this year) Click on the link below to vote, the site needs at least 500,000 votes for the government to take it seriously and give us another holiday, and I know you are up for that! http://www.stgeorgesday.com/voting.asp forward on to your mates...

I have to say I'm not convinced a 3rd bank holiday in April is a great idea - I'd much prefer one in July for instance when its too hot to work anyway! But hell I'm not going to turn it down either!

• dobbie
    dobbie

My husband works every bank holiday with no extra pay but i'll vote anyway i'll be glad of an extra day off when i do go back to work!

• DJK
    DJK

Being an American, I dont think my vote would count. I wish you luck.

• JH
    JH

I voted

THANK YOU FOR VOTING - Yes

We value your vote and will be publishing the results shortly
    Over 755368 people have voted so far

Go England !!!

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

Thanks JH! Do you get the same Bank holidays as the UK in additione to your own? What are Canada's hols - be interested to see how many we both have?

• needproof
    needproof

Crumpet, this counts for nothing! This email is sent around every year unsuccessfully. As if a Government ran by Scots would give a damn about ST GEORGE's day!

• JH
  • Crumpet
    Crumpet

We get an extra one in May JH and one in August, but you overall have one more than us. I think Rembrance Day would be a good one to have.

Needproof - you're probably right but hey it only took a click. I'm not sure the government would pay attention when the petition does not include your name and home address anyway.

I'd be quite happy to celebrate 3 more bank hols - one representative of each country Ireland - St Patricks, Wales - St David and Scotland - St Haggis!

• Mary
    Mary
    Crumpet asked: What are Canada's hols - be interested to see how many we both have?

Here's Canada's paid holidays.....

New Year's DayMonday January 1
    Good FridayFriday April 6
    Victoria DayMonday May 21
    Canada DayMonday July 2
    Civic HolidayMonday August 6
    Labour DayMonday September 3
    ThanksgivingMonday October 8
    ChristmasTuesday December 25
    Boxing DayWednesday December 26
  • Sad emo
    Sad emo

You'd be happy with 3 extra days Crumpet?

I'd settle for about 250 + statutory!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit