Cricket World Cup

by jakes 52 Replies latest social entertainment

• tijkmo
    tijkmo
    I just heard that the Pakistani head coach Bob Woolmer has died. This is really sad news, he collapsed in his hotel and was found this morning. Maybe the stress of the job, I dont know. Very sad news about this great English coach

just been announced ...this is now a murder enquiry

• jakes
    jakes

Really sad news.Speculation that he was strangled.His jaw was also broken.

• needproof
    needproof

I was writing on a forum yesterday that this was a murder case. My posts kept being deleted and censored, but now it is all out in the open, it was obviously murder.

Check this link out http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/story/0,22049,21421252-5001023,00.html

FORMER Pakistan opening bowler Sarfraz Nawaz fears Pakistan coach Bob Woolmer may have been murdered "by those who wanted to silence him on the issue of match fixing."

The article goes on to say

Woolmer was writing a book called "Discovering Cricket" in which he allegedly was going to expose the cricketer-bookie nexus in Pakistan. Has Woolmer carried with him to the grave dark secrets that could have brought ruin upon Pakistan's players? Did he pay for being the unwitting receptacle of information that was never to be shared?

He went on to say that he was in no doubt that Bob was murdered, this news was reported yesterday in a lot of media abroad such as India but the BBC were suspiciously silent about it, as always, the Pakistani's can do no wrong.

Woolmer was found in a puddle of vomit with strangle marks around his throat. There were no forced entry, and police are now saying that the culprit (s) could be someone Bob knew - the Pakistani cricket team are being fingerprinted - Nawaz also went on to claim that the top Pakistani cricket players, such as now retired captain Inzaman ul Huq were heavily involved in betting - and another commentator has suggested that ODI's are easy to fix - in Bob's book he was going to suggest placing a captain in the team of supreme moral character - (evidently NOT Inzaman!)

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

well england thru to super 8s

and south africa undone by freaky run-out and cramp.

• needproof
    needproof

I can see us losing to the Irish, but how the hell did Watson manage to hit the stumps from there?!?!

• zagor
    zagor

... or, whats the name? .. oh yes AUSTRALIA

• tijkmo
    tijkmo
    but how the hell did Watson manage to hit the stumps from there?!?!

stump...! indeed

and congrats to bangledesh

(ouch india)

• jakes
    jakes

Wow!!! What a nailbiter between Sri Lanka and South Africa!

Mura and Malinga were devastating!

Kallis held the innings together for SA.

jakes

• needproof
    needproof

The best game so far! I can see it being a SA v Oz final, Sri Lanka a close 3rd but England crashing out - they are not good enough

• tijkmo
    tijkmo
    but England crashing out - they are not good enough

hey come on...we 'thrashed' ireland today

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit