Cricket World Cup

by jakes 52 Replies latest social entertainment

• jakes
    jakes

Who do you think will win the Cricket World Cup?

jakes

• penny2
    penny2

Probably not Australia, following their recent slump in form. Do you think South Africa stands a chance?

• needproof
    needproof

Certainly not England, Australia are still the team to beat. I know SA are top of the rankings, but the the Kiwi's are in with a good shout as well. My prediction is that the Aussies will win it but it will be their last hurrah in a long time.

• Clam
    Clam

I reckon India are a good outside bet. Last time I looked they were 15/2.

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

i think england will

and then they will follow this up by retaining the rugby world cup.

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

or scotland

• jakes
    jakes

I am hoping South Africa do win it.India, however, do have a very balanced team and could be the team to go all the way.

jakes

• Clam
    Clam

LOL Tijkmo - Are you a very optimistic Englishman or a pee taking Scotsman?

-----------------------

Jakes- the Indians have got some pretty fanatical supporters too:

Man sells kidney for World Cup tickets

06 March 2007 - 15:35

A desperate cricket fan is putting his kidney up for sale in a bid to get tickets for a flight to the West Indies to watch the cricket World Cup.

Sarun Sharma, of Jamshedpur, is expecting to pocket £3,500 for the organ which he says he will only give when he returns from watching the tournament.

According to the Press Trust of India, the 23-year-old said: "I am really serious. I am prepared to give one of my kidneys in lieu of money, as I want to go to West Indies to see India playing in the World Cup."

He added that he couldn't see anything wrong with the offer and that he knows several people who were happily living without a kidney.

• tijkmo
    tijkmo
    Are you a very optimistic Englishman or a pee taking Scotsman

optimistic englishman

• needproof
    needproof

I wouldn't put it pass Flintoff and the like to lose against Scotland. Fletcher has no idea on one day cricket. The presence of Vaughan is fundamental, since Flintoff is no captain. If Monty can pick up some spin then England have a real chance, Jon Lewis could be useful but if only Harmy had not opted to sit at home and watch Newcastle United instead; so strange how he retired just before the world cup. England's hopes rest on 3 top players, Pietersen, Monty and Vaughan - forget Freddie, he seems to have lost the plot.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit