canada

by wormwood 30 Replies latest jw friends

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien

hello, welcome to the board wormwood. stick around and get some of your thoughts out in words may help as well.

take care,

tetra

• Stealth453
    Stealth453

Welcome to the forum. I am originaly from Canada, and have been out since 1980. I felt the same as you do for years, but I am glad to say that it does fade. It gets easier as time passes, but never really goes away completely. The watchliar sociopath society is very good at what they do. Hopefully, through forums such as this, we will be able to expose them for the evil they are.

I look forward to hearing more from you.

Peace

• choosing life
    choosing life

The jws program you for fear. The best way to deal with the fear is different for various people. Therapy helps for some. For others, it helps to prove what the Watchtower taught cannot be true. Think about it. Would a loving God slaughter over 99% of the world's population to prove his rule is right? Would that make him successful as a Father or just plain cruel?

You have been on your own for many years out of the jws. But many are still afraid after they leave that maybe they are right. Getting with other ex-jws should help. They can show you how to lose the fear.

This board has so many people with diverse beliefs, but warm hearts. Stick around and read and prove to yourself that the fear they instilled in you is just the rantings of a destructive cult.

• Tyrone van leyen
    Tyrone van leyen

Hi,I'm a fellow Canadian scapegoat too. I guess by that, you mean the "honest guy", that was hammered, and made an example of. We should be proud of ourselves, cuz when people see what happens to guys like us, they get better at pioneeering the fade technique. Honesty, and the truth get you nowhere, in that religion. Kissing ass for many many years might though. Stick around, and maybe you can collectively help us pioneer, giving them the finger too!

• Crumpet
    Crumpet
    I'm not stuck on their dogma or still believe in the" truth". I know what is real.

Welcome to the board!

So if as above you understand that it is not the truth and now you know there is no end of world scenario just around the corner and that the God they worship is just a symbol of fear to control the masses what is it you feel anxious about. I felt like you did while I still believed but once I had it established it to a certainty that it was not true I began to work through the grief and loss (all those wasted years, and the loss of every single member of my life) and now am at the stage that I feel truly liberated.

It sounds like you havent quite reached that stage even though you mention you are enjoying a successful and varied career and perhaps a little talking with an experienced counsellor to help you through the residual issues that are making you fearful would help.

Lots of folks from Canada here and I think they have the ocassional meet up too.

crumpet

• DJK
    DJK

Welcome wormwood. I left the JWs in 74 and I still suffer from things that my wife doesn't know about. I never believed in the end. I never baptised. I was raised in it and that's all of the problem for me. Finding out that I'm not alone with these issues caused by the JWs has been the best help I have had to date. There are a lot of good people here. Stay awhile and enjoy.

• Mary
    Mary

Welcome to the board! Lots of us Canucks here......it can be difficult to try and get rid of all the brainwashing we endured from a life time in the cult, but this is an excellent board with lots of excellents posts that I think will help you get through.

• mouthy
    mouthy

Welcome to the site of UNconditional love.... I am going to be 80 in May so I call myself the GRANNY on board. Yes I am sure you have had a hard time overcoming the WT. But I am more concerned now with the way you say it is effecting your marriage.....That is something it would be good on trying to save. Other wise the WT wins again.(((HUG)) I live in Kitchener Ont. I was D/f 1987 because I dont believe Jesus came invisably in 1914....I wanted to kill my self,,,, but because I had a daughter that had left the org( not d/f) & she was expecting twins, I stayed a live....Thank God I did.But try to unwind on here ask questions, spill it all out it is like therapy.... instead of a couch it is a typing board...& No body watching you....( except ....in my opinion the TRUE GOD) & He lead you here I think ---so pull up a chair love Welcome again (((((HUG))

• outnfree
    outnfree

Just wanted to say, "Welcome to the Board, Canada."

There are many very lovely people here with whom to share one's feelings, foibles, and fears.

out

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

I know exactly what you're going through. I left in 1996 and tried to just tuck everything away in my mind. But it still wreaks havoc with your mind, your personality, and your life. I was afraid of the world ending for the next five or six years until I stumbled across www.freeminds.org. I spent three days sitting on that website, reading as much as I could, and it began to help me scoop out all the garbage that had been spoiling in my mind. I'm doing MUCH better today, and I no longer fear that this world is about to end.

I can't tell you to just move on because it's not easy when you spent a large part of your life learning and believing it all. What you learned and experienced never goes away. However, you can educate yourself about it all which really does help.

Please stick around, and give freeminds.org a visit. That site helped me a lot with my recovery.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit