To Know, know, know me is to J-W-D Me!!!

by prophecor 16 Replies latest jw friends

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

I try to avoid saying anything here that I wouldnt be comfortable with telling anyone in person. But it would be an excellent way to find out who I am and where I am coming from and what motivates me.

• YoursChelbie
    YoursChelbie

Good subject!

I have become more convinced with time that first impressions can be very misleading.

This holds true for an in-person encounter, work-only encounter or on-line encounter.

The old cliche is true "you don't really know someone unless you live with him/her."

Some people who post on JWD or other sites can put on an online persona that is not true reflection of their overall disposition in real life.

Your other subject may well be true: Some who appear "nice" are hiding their evil side.

It takes several years of close association to really be able to say "I KNOW that person" and even then they may surprise you by doing something you did not initially think they would be capable of doing.

YC

• choosing life
    choosing life

I would not be comfortable to say that a person could really fully know someone just from reading online posts. I am sincere in what I post, but there is much I cannot say due to wanting to protect the identities of others and myself. And a person could certainly be totally different in real life than online.

I would only direct someone to my posts here who I really trusted and knew intimately.

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket

Prophecor do you remember this movie where this women was trying to find the right man? Well each one had something wrong with them, but the one that cracked me up was the one that talked about his gastrointestinal problems and his hemorrhoids! At the table while they were eating no less!

That was way too much information! Or sharing!

• Triple A
    Triple A

I believe that most people only know that JW go door to door. They do not know what a JW believes.

Most Christians do not know exactly what JW's believe, except that it is not acknowledged as acceptable doctrine by those that do know. And that most consider them a bother and make it harder to present the gospel to others.

JWs are not as hated as the WTS and their followers believe that they are. If a JW was chased off a door step by the residents dog so would any other Christian knocking at the door.

If a JW would be open to hearing a non-JWs opinion, they would not find it as hard to talk to people. But when you feel like you are talking to a brick wall it tends to make you short with the next JW that comes along.

• dh
    dh

i wouldn't care if people read, although i don't generally post much personal stuff these days as i don't have a great deal going on personally!

• DJK
    DJK

Last night I told my sister about this site. She laughed at me. I dont think anyone would spend time on this site just trying to learn more about me. People seem very interested about themselves and may get the idea of a discussion board that will fit thier own interests.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit