What was your greatest motivation......

by onlycurious 15 Replies latest jw friends

• J-ex-W
    J-ex-W

This question depresses me. It reminds me how deceived I really WAS.... I honestly believed I was helping people out--and in a way of even bigger significance than my previous plans to pursure a Ph.D. in psych could have done, because...you know...new system all....the help I could give people in *this* manner would have way more lasting benefit! LOL

And, I believed I was helping to 'vindicate' Jehovah's name--which had special significance to me because of some things I had gone through inmy past, where I could have used someone's help in that regard.......identifying a little too much with the 'Jehovah's good name is being unjustly smeared through the mud' thing. I had wanted that help for me, so I wanted to give that help where I could.

Amazing, the movtivations we come up with, isn't it? For any of the things we do.

• anewme
    anewme

When I was single I went out in FS when I felt motivated to. It was a good routine for me.
    After I married my zealous husband harrassed me into going out both Saturday and Sunday for 20 years until I cracked up.

The truth,

Anewme

• FreeGirl2006
    FreeGirl2006

Growing up, we were beat by the super zealous pedofile step-creep elder if we resisted Saturday morning service.

Later, as a single sister I wanted to do the "right" thing and be obedient and help people. I bought into the program. Plus, I really wanted to get married to someone "in the truth" (barfing and gagging here). What a freakin joke! Anyway, I strived to be the best Witness girl I could be because I just knew I would be blessed with a good Christian husband.

• greendawn
    greendawn

They used to say the end was just round the corner and if you didn't warn them you would end up being guilty of their blood, it was the classic cultic manipulation through guilt. Later you realise that this org is not fit to preach the gospel to anyone.

• onlycurious
    onlycurious

My friend/employee just quit her job here. She wrote me a letter, left early that day and never informed to may face that she would not be coming back.

She said she is going to school f/t and her schedule would not allow here to work. She was only working 2 days a week, yet she is putting in 50 hrs of service a month.

I spoke with her this a.m. and confronted her on her lack of courtesy as a friend as well as an employee. I shared with her that I was disappointed but that I didn't at all base our friendship on whether or not she was an employee here and that I certainly would not hold this against her in any way shape or form.

Her depression pills aren't working for her and I'm really concerned. I think she is running herself in the dirt for everyone else and doesn't have a life of her own.

Now that she isn't an employee I have a bit more freedome to speak with her without the legality.

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien
    What was your greatest motivation......

mumma's famous deep fried homemade old tyme CHICKEN!!

... dat an' da desire 2 help spread da word of Jehovah God Almighty 2 all da nations of da peoples.

tetra

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit