Photographs and Illustrations in WT Publications

by RubyStevens 14 Replies latest watchtower bible

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

Thanks slmdf,

In addition to the bethelites and brothers from surrounding areas I know of some a couple of states away that were included as well. Thanks for the inside info.

I too was an inmate,

Nvrgnbk

• skin
    skin

Thanks slmdf for that.

One thing that I remember from a convention 3 years ago was when the CO told the sisters in a talk that when choosing a hair style, That they should not look into worldly mags for idea's, but look in the Watchtower mags for idea's, this is because the GB has approved of these photo's.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Along the same issue of images. . . Why aren't they included on the CDs? I know that the CDs are for research purposes but I'm a very visual person and can see a quote of an article on the page as it was first printed.

Mind you, when I went to research the article in the bound volumes I rarely found it it because many of those things had been edited.

Maybe that is why they don't include the images on the CDs. If a person leaves it's rather hard to delete their faces from the CDs already sent out

hmmmmm

I still would perfer scans of the pages rather than the text only copies they burn on the CDs

• Hannah
    Hannah

Has anyone seen the Noah's Ark video? This was the worst production ever. Poorly drawn figures attached to what appeared to be popsicle sticks hopping around the screen. Our family laughed throughout the entire film. Can anyone explain why this video was allowed to be released?

I'll make sure to find (since I don't have any) some WTs and Awakes to flip through to find my next hairstyle. A real stylin' doo for sure!

Welcome slmdf.

• themonster123
    themonster123

Those illustrations and photos are one of the many reasons I left....What's up with those Paradise illustrations!? They look very cult-like... And the Armageddon illustrations are crazy looking too.

BUt the Watchtower photographs and the COVERS of the Awakes and Watchtowers are soooOOO cheesy! I mean, they have pictures of "bad guys" with "bad guy looks" on their faces, like stealing a bag of money or whatver and looking over their shoudler. They should practically have him wearing stripes and carrying a bag of money with a money dollar sign on it, like in those old cartoons. and when showing pictures of how we should dress, according to the GB, has anyone noticed the prevelance of those 3/4 button-up shirts that a lot of the sisters in the pictures wear?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit