How have appointed bros handled leaving the WTS

by Leander 21 Replies latest jw friends

• Leander
    Leander

I'm debating on when to actually decide and step down as a Ministerial Servant. My conscience will no longer allow me to give talks or speak to others in the door-to-door work.

I'm feeling really apprehensive about what I need to do, I know for a fact that my wife is going to be devestated.

Whats the best way to step down from an appointed position? I just want to break free without judicial meetings and elders questioning me.

• Fredhall
    Fredhall

Leander,

If you have doubts then go to the brothers so they can help you out.

• openminded
    openminded

Just tell them your not up to the responsibilty any longer. Don't put to much pressure on yourself. Unless you feel like you owe them something, just step down. You don't owe an explaination. -OM

• Leander
    Leander

I've already talked with them, unfortunately the answers they gave me did'nt really have any substance.

One of the biggest concerns that I voiced to them was this:

If the society is God's spirit appointed organization why are there so many misunderstandings and changes in doctrines? To further elaborate on that point, would Jehovah's spirit move his organization to make numerous predictions that failed to come true?

• msil
    msil

Why are you "stepping DOWN"? If MS or Elder is a servant to the R&F - then aren't you stepping UP?

Kinda an oxymoron huh?

• radar
    radar

Leander
    Whats the best way to step down from an appointed position?

Just miss a few meetings and do not answer up when you do go to them.
    They will soon stop useing you for teaching assignments.

Radar

• Leander
    Leander

Msil - its funny you mention that I was thinking the exact same thing last night as I was trying to decide what to do.

• roybatty
    roybatty

Leaner,

Just tell them that the added responsibility of being a MS is too much and that you need to give your attention on other matters (i.e. marriage, family, etc). Nothing more. If they want to talk to you more about and your don't want to, then don't. Don't play their mind games. Don't let them fool you. They've been doing this a lot longer then you have.

• RR
    RR

I just wrote the Presiding Overseer a resignation letter and cc'd it to the Body of elders and servants. Told them I didn't want to talk about. and they didn't even try. That was a Monday, they announced it on Wednesday. I walked out and never went back! Ten years later, they still never bother with me.

• Ranchette
    Ranchette

Leander,
    I’ve noticed that it’s harder and harder to step down these days. They are desperate and will try to get you to change your mind or just say that there’s no need for that they will just take your situation into consideration and be patient till things get better for you.
    The most effective thing is to miss meetings and service then it will be their idea to remove you.

Before I quit going to meetings I got to were I could not give talks on subjects I didn’t believe then I couldn’t do it at all. I went to our school overseer and told him that I was under a lot of stress and wanted to be taken off the list till several months later. I knew I’d be completely out by then anyway. He refused to take me off the list! He said if he assigned me before I was ready I could trade with someone.
    I was so mad! I came home and told my husband that the man could assign me all the talks he wanted but I won’t show up or get any subs for him!
    Ranchette

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit