Name a few stupid things you're not sure of ?

by JH 27 Replies latest jw friends

• ButtLight
    ButtLight

Lets turn this into a cooking thread!

How do you get roast pork or lamb to be tender when cooked, as many times as I try I get some tough meat unlike some other people who get it to be like jelly. There must be a trick it can't be the quality of the meat.

I cook my roast pork in the oven at 350 for about 2 1/2 to 3 hours. Put it in a covered pot, and put about 2 inches of water in it. (i prefer beef broth if your going to make gravy out of the juice) It just falls apart! I also throw sliced onion in for flavor.

• greendawn
    greendawn

Stillajwexelder and buttlight thanks for the tips, when I buy the next piece of roasting pork from the butcher I will follow your advice and hopefully I won't have to feed it to the dog again.

• Crumpet
    Crumpet
    How do you get roast pork or lamb to be tender when cooked, as many times as I try I get some tough meat unlike some other people who get it to be like jelly. There must be a trick it can't be the quality of the meat.

Also check that your oven is not a fan oven - if it is you need to reduce the temp by at least 20 degrees - for lamb or pork in a fan oven 165/170 is ample heat. Cook for 10 minutes less than the instructions tell you to. Don't carve for at least ten minutes but cover with foil to keep it warm. It may seem quite pink/red (lamb) when you slice in to see how well it has cooked but you'll learn what colour it should be for ultimate tenderness with practice. Good luck and when you have got it right I will be round for dinner - there is no meal on this planet that I like better than a roast with a good glass of red wine.

• JH
    JH
    Lets turn this into a cooking thread

No, no, go buy a BIG MAC

• Warlock
    Warlock
    How do you get roast pork or lamb to be tender when cooked, as many times as I try I get some tough meat unlike some other people who get it to be like jelly.

Let the "other people" cook it for you.

Warlock

• avidbiblereader
    avidbiblereader

ME!!! I have said and done things that I never thought I would have,

Jer 17:9 9 “The human heart is the most deceitful of all things,
    and desperately wicked.
    Who really knows how bad it is?

abr

• onacruse
    onacruse

People.

God.

Me.

• reneeisorym
    reneeisorym
    Also check that your oven is not a fan oven

How to tell if my oven is a fan oven. (its new ... and its making cooking difficult.... the glass top extra capacity kind)

• Gopher
    Gopher

Are JW's more fearful of Satan or Jehovah?

• Twitch
    Twitch
    Name a few stupid things you're not sure of ?

Me, sometimes

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit