Now we have our famous apostate to compete with Prince

by reneeisorym 22 Replies latest jw friends

• reneeisorym
    reneeisorym
    "It's a very strict religion. In my mind, it's a cult," says Quarry, now 34 and a decade removed. "A cult needs to control its members 24 hours a day. They don't want them seeing that anything outside of their religion is better than what they're being offered inside that organization."

I'm so glad this was a quote they used. Can you imagine what a JW would think after reading that?

• agapa37
    agapa37

Those Jws and their strict policy of not resorting to violence. Darn them from keeping that young man from joining a sport that consists of smashing the opponents face in with your fists. How dare them control his mind by pounding in Christ teachings concerning how we treat others! Those wicked, wicked people. Thank God he is free from there benevolent influence, now he can do what he enjoys....beating the crap out of people in the ring!

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1
    Those Jws and their strict policy of not resorting to violence. Darn them from keeping that young man from joining a sport that consists of smashing the opponents face in with your fists. How dare them control his mind by pounding in Christ teachings concerning how we treat others! Those wicked, wicked people. Thank God he is free from there benevolent influence, now he can do what he enjoys....beating the crap out of people in the ring!

Now that... is funny! I'd rather see a young man cultivate an interest in music into a career, much like a (one hit wonder) hack like Prince, than to beat on other people for money. But, whatever, its not like the people he is beating on didn't want to be beat on.

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep
    It would be great to have an outspoken ex-jw celebrity who's not into blood sports, but if that's what it takes to get the word out about how unhealthy the JW org is, then that's what it takes.

Right.

Despite the blood that is shed, there IS A LOT of money to be made in it. I was at my poorest while studying. And wouldn't you know, the holy spirit didn't even contribute a dime!

Apostahottie!!!
    Tell me about it!!!!!!!!!

Definately!!!

• HockeyMullet
    HockeyMullet

It's the fact that he broke away from your cult, enjoying life, and making more then $5.95 an hour cleaning toilets. But don't let these facts interrupt your smartass post.

• parakeet
    parakeet

agape wrote: "Thank God he is free from there benevolent influence, now he can do what he enjoys....beating the crap out of people in the ring!"

Yes, how horrible ... until you remember that your God is due to beat the crap out of 99% of the world's population (real soon now). The old splinter/rafter dichotomy. Sigh.

• love2Bworldly
    love2Bworldly

What a total hottie!!! I would take him over Prince any day!

• willyloman
    willyloman

Does the fact this was on nbc.com mean it was a TV news clip and that there's video?

In any event, thanks for sharing. This is best, umm, experience we've heard at this convention (so far).

• Princess
    Princess

I remember reading a post from a board member probably a year ago where he was talking about his son being an Ultimate Fighter. Is this possibly the same guy?

I want to say it was rekless but I could be mistaken. It's happened before.

Rachel

• misocup
    misocup

c'mon agapa... one of us --- one of us --- one of us

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit